Special-t-travel / Vacation Scam

5050 South Highway 17-92
Phone: 407-896-8680
Purchased 3-night Orlando, 2-night Daytona vacation package. Gave them my credit card #. Two months later, they called again saying the credit card charge never happened so they did it again. Come to find out, both charges were on my caredit card bill. I called to let them know and they said they couldn't refund the $, but would credit our account for the extra charges. I asked what extra charges?

Seems that an additonal $45 per night would be due. I've traveled to Florida for three winters in January/Feb. and there have NEVER been extra charges because it was prime season. This is the ONLY company I've ever dealt with that says this. They refuse to refund any of the money.

A  11th of Aug, 2009 by
I received a call this AM for a $2, 000.00 vacation trip to Florida. After reading me a great package deal they said a process fee of $115.00 would have to be paid. When they asked me for my card #, the answer was NO. The so called manager came on the phone and the answer was still NO. He wanted to talk to my husband. When my husband came to the phone, the manager had hung up. Checking on the internet with the Complaints Board I thank you for being their when I needed you. Margaret
A  21st of Aug, 2009 by
my husband had a phonecall today from special t travel offering great package deals, he was initially told he had WON a $4.000 holiday which sounded fantastic until the prize turned into a 70% discount and they asked for our card details to pay 400 pound to cover admin fees and other ###, the more my husband spoke to them the more taken in he was with it all and was very close to passing on our card details, fortunately for us but unfortunate for them i was on hand to discourage my husband from giving them any personal details of ours, this prize didnt make sense to me at all and after airing my concerns to my husband he reluctantly agreed, thankfully we didnt fall for this scam, but it is very frightening how people are vulnerable to these con artists it is so easy, my final thoughts on this are it pays to be streetwise .
N  27th of Jan, 2010 by
My husband accepted one of the special deals. We want to go in June when our son graduates from High School. With all these negative comments, what do we do? How can we get our money back? $449.00. In our package paperwork, all the reservation form says to pay 398.00 plus 199.00 per child attending (over 12), are we still expected to pay these fees? What about the 449.00 we already paid? All information on these questions would be greatly appreciated.
N  9th of Mar, 2010 by
You may be able to do a chargeback through your credit card company. It worked for me.
D  7th of Jun, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
people, listen up, I am a sales person working for the company myself.
What you are talking about is probaly someone else pretending to be from the company and stealing ur money.
We provide this package for a total of $275, BASED ON DOUBLE OCCUPANcY.and the 3rd and 4th perrson you bring will get to stay for free(totally free).No hidden charges of any sort.
That's it...
N  12th of Jan, 2013 by
We also unfortunately purchased a recent package from this company (specialtvacations.com) for $245.00. Went to Orlando for the 4 day, 3 night part of the package. We were put at Calypso Cay which was a less than 1-star resort which proceeded to charge $15 per night usage fee and $5 a day for towels! Furthermore Calypso Cay was just a dirty resort and we left after one night. Neither company - Special T Vacations nor the company doing the travel club presentation - cared that we were less than happy. There is no way that we will even entertain the notion of going on the other legs of the trip. Please, please do not buy anything from these people! We have learned our lesson and will not be attempting to do anymore travel with a disreputable company such as specialtvacations.com.