Southeast Toyota Finance / Harassing phone calls

1 PO BoxCharlotte, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-686-3494

After filing for an extension in January, I have since been getting 1-3 phone calls almost on a daily basis, because these people fail to look at their updates BEFORE calling me. I paid an agreed amount, faxed a written request with all my insurance information, etc. The problem is, when I tell them this, they put me on hold so they can check!!! Why not check to start with? Now that would be a win-win concept. I'm sure that with the economy, I'm not the only one they're harrassing like this, but come on! This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Is calling me 2 or 3 times a day going to produce their payment any earlier? I will pay it when I agreed to pay it and no sooner. And P.S. How about hiring people who can speak ENGLISH??????????

Comments

• Lc
      12th of Mar, 2009

PLEASE FORWARD THIS INFORMATION TO MS. PATRICIA MORAN, THE CEO OF SOUTHEAST TOYOTA FINANCE & JM FAMILY ENTERPRISES INC IMMEDIATELY!!!

Southeast Toyota Finance has been calling 1-3 times on a daily basis, because these people fail to look at their updates BEFORE calling. Online, I have made payment arrangements of $150 per week until it's caught up. I have verified online that they are posted and the checks are being cashed. SETF are also calling people in the neighborhood for us as well. I'm sure that with the economy, I'm not the only one they're harrassing like this. This is absolutely ridiculous, disgusting and disrespectful. These calls are not going to produce the car payments any sooner. By law, these excessived calls are HARRASSMENT and I want it to stop IMMEDIATELY or I will report it to the Better Business Bureau and our attorneys.

Thank you for your immediate attention in this matter.

Regards,
    Helen King Eadie & Lisa C Jenkins of Russellville, SC

7th of Aug, 2009

I too, get constant harasment. Once I recieved 12 calls in one day. Now that I told them that is illegal, they now call 3 to 4 times a day. That is still illegal. Credit companys are not allowed to harass you. My husband and I make payment plans (we had a family funeral so we were late), and they still call us harassing us. We too are thinking about getting an attorney and we are working to file a complaint with the better business bureau.

• Re
      12th of Aug, 2009

dito, They are ### holes that don't speack english. can't we hire some pople in the us that are hurting for jobs here. They start calling me at 8am and don't stop until 9pm. I have already informed them of when I will be able to make my payment. It is not even 30 days behind yet. The call 7-8 times a day. I pick the phone up and yell " I will be paid by the 30th" and they call me right back about 1 hour latter. What conversation do we need to have that I already haven't told them? why do they call so such?

• As
      5th of Oct, 2009

They are very harrassing. I made an arrangement with them because my company's direct deposit was screwed up and everyone got paid for one week instead of two. I told the rep who called me that I will make my payment when I find out how my work is going to fix my pay. Well, since then I have gotten at least 12 calls per day. One call, my daughter answered and the "man with a strange accent" asked her where I was, who I was with, if I was driving my car, what is my cell number, does the person I am with have a cell phone, what is that number and more personal questions. He even asked if there was an adult home with her- she is 12 and was watching her brother for me. It scared my daughter and she will not answer the phone when the caller id shows a 251 area code.

Today I called to make a payment and tried to make a complaint about the harrassing calls but noone seems to care. In fact, the supervisor hung up on me when I asked why a person with a good record (all my payments since I had the car have been on time and were above the monthly payment amount) would be treated like a criminal. She told me that it is customary to call a customer when they are behind in payments to get their account up to date. Then she said that she had another call coming in and if I wanted to make a payment, call the number on my statement before hanging up.

I am only 32 days overdue for the first time since I had my account. You would think that Toyota employees would like at a person's account and see that they have a legitimate reason for being behind and notice that they have a good history of paying on time before treating that person like a crimminal. No wonder the employees at the dealership drive Fords and Hondas.