South African Airways / booking spelling error
Dear SAA, i would like to formally complain and will continue each and every day until you guys respond with a reasonable reply.
I booked a flight from Johanneburg to Dublin for my wife, infant & myself.
My infant's name has a spelling error on the booking where an E was used instead of an A, not an incorrect name, a spelling error a very human thing to do .
The connecting Air Line got my request and could see ticket was booked via SAA and gladly fixed it . I did report this within 24 hours .
This is the reply i got from YOUR people :
Thank you for your email
Kindly be advised that we are unable to assist with the below query as the passengers name cannot be changed after the booking is completed. South African Airways requires traveller names to be entered exactly as they appear in the Passport/Identity document including spaces, if any. Failure to comply with this will result in the traveller being denied travel or having to purchase a new ticket at the applicable fare available.
Thank you for contacting Reservations Service Recovery.
Reservations Service Recovery Agent
Reservations Service Recovery
I did not pay a small fortune to be treated like this!
More South African Airways Complaints & Reviews
- South African Airways - bad service 
- South African Airways - failure to reimburse for stolen goods 
- SAA - baggage broken, goods stolen 
- South African Airways - overbooked flights??!! 
- SAA - unprofessional service : cabin crew
- South African Voyager+airlines - upgrade booking + extra funds taken off
- South African Airways - no liability for missing goods 
- South African Airways / FlySAA.com - a ticket that has been blocked
- www.flysaa.com - unavailability of website 
- South African Airways - service at voyager counter in cape town