Sony ericsson promo / lucky number

1 202 Hammersmith road LondonLondon, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 447045743467

hi,
I have received sms from UK sony ericsson that my cellno has been selected as lucky no for sony ericsson promo.They have provided me their mail add to contact them., as i send them mail they told me to transfer 1550 pounds to sterling trust bank plc.

please help me out, is it true should i transfer as they have provided me varification no and also i had called and talked with them.

Reply as soon as possible

Thanking you,

Comments

• Pr
      1st of Nov, 2008

i have also received such a sms regarding winning a huge amount. kindly let me know what exactly is it...i did call up the sony ericsson call center, but they couldnt help me out, they have no clue.

• Am
      1st of Nov, 2008

I have sent all my details and have been verified as the lucky winner of 350, 000.00 Pounds. I made transfer fee and was informed by my bank taht my account has been credited but have to wait for a week because it is a promotional winning. Your comments are spoiling the mind of real winners and stop if you are not true winner.

• Ha
      3rd of Nov, 2008

hey even i recvd the same message ...i hav spoken to them and now they hav asked me to transfer 1650 pounds...but i really dunno wt to do...plz. tell me if sum1 has actually recvd da winning amt...

• Pr
      3rd of Nov, 2008

hey even i recvd the same message ...i hav spoken to them and now they hav asked me ..but i really dunno wt to do...plz. tell me if sum1 has actually recvd da winning amt...plz help me ouy any body

14th of Nov, 2008

i too have received an sms yday stating my cell no( in mumbai) has won 5, 00, 000 pounds...the no provided to call is +447045743467 which however is not reachable...is there anybody who has any more info ?

15th of Nov, 2008

I also received a similar message promising a sum of 450000 pounds from sonyericsson promo .Is it a genuine message?

• Be
      15th of Nov, 2008

Sony Erricsson should lodge the report with police in UK from where the hoax call is coming as phone number starts from +44 that is UK code. Some one is misusing the name and goodwill of Sony Erricsson and this is the moral duty of Sony Erricsson to take take legal and police action against the culprits and protect the loyal customers from being cheated.

19th of Nov, 2008

don't ever believe them cause it's fake. how can a large company ask money from you? and such prize is quite big enough with so many winners. it's one tactic to get money from you.before releasing money confirm first from the real company in which way you are safe.

19th of Nov, 2008

by the way, they sent me also the message. and i ignored it coz i know it's a hoax. the number they used is 447024052785. they can't fool a Filipina like me. just think about it, the supposedly company is asking money from you when it is the one that is supposedly awarding you a prize. something wrong isn't it?

19th of Nov, 2008

I have also become this msg. But with a different number thou too that I am not from UK! The sume of money I should get if this would be troo is 215€ At this moment I am in contact with my mobile operater and sony-ericsson! This is probably a hoax, and I don't like it how someone is trying to fool people!

19th of Nov, 2008

I have also recd.a similiar SMS, promissing me a huge winning amount.I tried to call the but that number whta they have given me was not reachable.So, I mailed them .Today, I got a reply.I am attaching below their messages below what they have replied me.Just go through that and advice me.

Sony Ericsson House
    202 Hammersmith Road
    London, W6 7DN
    United Kingdom

Attention:

In line with the commemorating event marking our 7th anniversary of the SONY ERICSSON telecommunication, we rolled out over £31, 000.000.00 (Thirty One Million Great Britain Pounds) for our 7th Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn form 25, 000 company mobile numbers, and 30, 000, 000 individual mobile numbers from the 450 mobile networks from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually in London.

This promo is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This promo is the 1st of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public. To begin the verification process of your prize, you are required to fill and submit the below verification details via email attachement or fax.

VERIFICATION REQUIREMENT

10. NETWORK NAME:
    11. ALTERNATE MOBILE/PHONE NUMBER:
    12. AMOUNT WON:
    13. EMAIL ADDRESS(S):
    *You are to send a scan copy of your Passport or Driver's lisence along with this form.

NOTE THE FOLLOWING RULES AND REGULATION
    Any falsification of your details will render you disqualified because you will be assumed to be impersonating.
    You are required to send a copy of your passport or drivers license along with the claims requirement.
    As soon as you are verified as one of the winners, you will be required to come to our above address, United Kingdom to redeem your winning Cheque.
    Winners unable to come to our office to receive their prizes will be responsible for charges incured either by bank transfer.
    Friend and relatives cannot redeem your won prize on your behalf because the certified cheque is covered by an IRREVOCABLE GUARANTEE BOND (IGB).

To avoid double claim, impersonation and disqualification, all winning information should be kept strictly confidential.
    I wish to on behalf of all members and staff of SONYERICSSON congratulate you as a winner and wish you the best of luck as you spend your good fortune.

Thank you for being part of our commemorative 7th Anniversary Draws.
    Yours faithfully

Mr. Marcus Wallenberg
    Tel: +44-704-574-3467
    Tel: +44-702-405-8044
    Fax: +44-7006-017-210

Copyright ©2008 SONYERICSSON. All rights reserved

21st of Nov, 2008

I have contacted Sony... this is their replay!

"Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson.

The Sony Ericsson Call Center would like to thank you for the feedback regarding the sms you got with Sony Ericsson signature.

Sony Ericsson did`nt send you any sms with that text."

• Ka
      22nd of Nov, 2008

I have also recieved a similar message and tried contacting them on the number given but no one picked up the call . I am eager to know if this is all a hoax . If so then Sonyericsson should take this up very strongly and get the culprits arrested . Its spoiling the image of Sony Ericsson .

23rd of Nov, 2008

Sony Ericsson has send me back a mail regarding this as too be an hoax! So you shouldn't be sanding anything of your personal varification!

The only thing is that I don't get it where did the get my cell number and how do they know I have bought a Sony Ericsson?
    The only one that knows all of this is my mobile provider!

29th of Nov, 2008

I have already asked for confirmation from sony ericsson,
    Plz confirm me as early as possibe.

• De
      10th of Dec, 2008

I received the message, too, and don't know it's a fake or what! Like i never won something that huge, i don't believe i won this one too. What should i do? To trust, to whom? Please help me

• Vi
      27th of Dec, 2008

Even I too received same message to my cell. My option was Diplomatic Consignment Delivery and I was supposed to pay deliver charges. As soon as they arrived India, they called us and asked to pay 2lacs as tax in addition to the delivery charges. They asked us to deposit this money in their account. Please let me know how far it is true...

Some body is doing in the name of sony ericsson company. Sony Ericssion Comapny has to take care of this...

• Ki
      15th of Jan, 2009

I have also got sms of winning 500000pounds from sony erricson i also feel it's all a fake as i have called on the no. which was there on my mobile thrice but there were no satisfactory answer
    so i don't think so anybody should get into this

• Xd
      16th of Jan, 2009

jebo vam ja mater na bosanski nacin svima koji me sjebase pa ne dobi pare, jebe vam bosanac sve a vi nemate pojma sta vam jebe...i will you mum, all of you...picka vam materina, , zito sunce., , senicu, , mrvu u mrvi i jebo vas jos jedan bog dodatno...

• Xd