SnapFish / poor service!

Every year, I make a photo book for my daughter, and we view it as a family the night of her birthday. I've made at least four books with Snapfish and have been satisfied in the past. But this time, I ordered my book almost a month in advance. It is now five days before the big day, and after two weeks of e-mailing back and forth with customer service, I have finally reached someone competent enough to tell me my order did not "upload properly." Apparently "engineering has been contacted." My book will be out in "two to three days," according to the e-mail I received. I am demanding free expedited shipping, in hopes that it will get here when needed. They appear to be ignoring this request! I can't find a number to talk to a real person, which would be quite helpful in this situation!

Mo

Comments

4th of Dec, 2007

I have ordered too many to count photo books from Snapfish and never had a problem until November. I made the book a month before I needed it. Well, it is now 2 weeks past the date I needed it and I still do not have it. I emailed and finally contacted a person who told me that: I had cancelled the book. When I asked when and why I hadn't received an email stating this she put me on hold and came back and said there was a problem with 1 of my photos. Since Snapfish has printed these same photos at least 20 times I told her that I did not believe her. She put me on hold and came back again and said that I had an outstanding balance due. When I told her that it was charged against my credit card and that wasn't possible she put me on hold again. She then returned and told me that the books were being reordered (expedited with no charge for shipping) and HOPEFULLY I'd receive them by the due date. That was Nov. 16, 2007. I still do not have them. My daughter-in-law had the same problem and it has been 2 months and she is still waiting for her order. I am using other services now as is she. Snapfish has a lackadaisical attidude. Customer service is a misnomer for them.

• Ro
      8th of Apr, 2008

Want to redeem my free 25 4x6 photos on this order, but it will not let me.

• Ri
      18th of Apr, 2008

It took us 27 days to get the pictures. The $6 Visa charge showed up immediately. I emailed them multiple times and would get an auto do not respond to this site. Granted it was a small order and I could have written the $6 off, but I was absolutely offended by their terrible customer service.

• Pe
      14th of Jul, 2008

WARNING: DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMOPANY!!! THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN. trY CALLING CUSTIOMER SERVICE - i HAD TO CALL THEM 4 TIMES BEFORE I GIOT SOMEBODY I COULD EVEN PARTIALLY UNDERSTAND. THEY PUT ALL KINDS OF EXTRA CHARGES ON MY CREDIT CARD & WHEN I CALLED, ALL THEY SAID "OH WELL, SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

I AM MARRIED TO A PERSON FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY SO YOU WON'T FIND ANYBODY MORE UNDERSTANDING OF LANGUAGE SITUATIONS. BUT - THESE PEOPLE DON'T GET IT. THEY CHARGED SO MUCH THAT IT PUT ME OVER MY CREDIT LIMIT!

WE REALLY NEED TO STOP DOING BUSINESS WITH COMPANIES THAT HAVE CALL CENTERS IN OTHER COUNTRIES! IT'S NOT THE POOR WORKERS FAULT - IT'S THE GREED US COMPANIES & THIR CEO'S & OFFICERS THAT WANT TO PUT MORE IN THEIR POCKETS.

• On
      15th of Jul, 2008

Agree with everyone on here. In the past I've ordered with Snapfish and they were great...but since that was years ago I believe it was before they changed their customer service and sent everything overseas. I recently placed a LARGE order for almost $200 and it never arrived. I had to basically scream and yell and pitch a fit before they would even agree to resend the order and then the order they resent was damaged, had incorrect formatting, and half the photos were cropped in half. Yet another exasperating call to customer service went nowhere. They said I had to return the photos I had received and "wait for a refund"...yeah right! After repeated explanation that i was not willing to accept that they finally said they'd "send my case to tier 2 support"...could not transfer me, give me any contact info for tier 2, or provide me with a name. They even had the gall to give me a fake name. I will never ever use snapfish again and I am spreading the word to the internet to stop soliciting this company that clearly is only concerned about making a profit at the expense of the time and frustration and money of customers who were loyal for years.

• Me
      14th of Nov, 2008

I tried to order the free photobook as seen on Oprah. I went through the steps to place the order, and it said that the credit will be applied at checkout...well, it wasnt! I was charged 39.00 for what was supposed to be a free product. I tried calling customer service immediately after, only to be disconnected literally 20 times throughout the day. Furthermore, I decided to send an email through their website and it wouldnt process. First, it said it must be less than 240 characters, which it was only about 100. After 5 attempts, i decided to just leave that area blank. Then it says i must add comments. So I simply say "call me immediately". Still would not process.
    Ultimately, i have received the poorest customer service ever. Which all over their site they have posted that they are commited to the best customer service and satisfaction guarantee...what a joke.
    Save yourself the trouble, and go to shutterfly.com...i usually do my orders from them and never have any problems, plus they have way better products and selection.

23rd of Dec, 2009

I just canceled my order with them, they are horribly slow as far as delivery and I asked for credit - not worth bothering with if you ask me! I would rather get my prints/mugs/Christmas Photos Cards through a reliable source that has a decent turnaround time...Snapfish stink!!!

• Gr
      16th of Aug, 2010

I am sharing a letter I wrote to Helen Vaid, General Manager, Snapfish. I am completely disgusted with some of the worst customer service I have had, and that is saying alot these days. Their so-called 11o% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee is a complete joke.

Dear Ms. Vaid:
    I'm writing to you to register my dissatisfaction with the the abominable phone wait lines and unreliable email customer support from Snapfish.

As I write this, I have been on hold waiting for a customer service rep to pick up the phone for 23 minutes. It was the same the first time I tried to call several days ago. Writing for online customer help yielded the same frustrating lack of assistance with an Indian rep that wrote back once and never wrote back again. This is my 5th attempt in over a week to receive ANY assistance with an unacceptable photo book I received. I ordered the photo book as a wedding guest book and what was sent to me contains dark photos that in no way resemble the bright originals I was using. Now I am stuck with this badly printed book and apparently no possibility of any assistance from Snapfish to correct the problem they caused. Although I had originally considered having Snapfish also print our wedding photos, based on the quality control and customer service problems at Snapfish I will never use your service again.

Although your site claims to offer 110% Satisfaction, you have created a customer who is 110% unhappy and perfectly willing warn off other potential customers.

Sincerely,
    (name withheld)

• Sk
      24th of Mar, 2011

I was charged $14.95 for the past seven months without my consent.

• Kg
      24th of Aug, 2011

Their customer service is horrible. I just tried to download photos from my account to my computer, was told there was an error, and that I wouldn't be charged. I was charged. When I called, the rep I got on the phone wouldn't listen to me. He kept telling me that the order went through. I kept telling him that I got an error message and never downloaded the pictures. He told me that's not possible. We'll see if they refund my money. I've been a loyal customer for years but I will no longer be using them.

• Na
      29th of Sep, 2011

I used MotionBox for years with no problem. When Snapfish took over MotionBox, I paid for Snapfish and ported over my videos as directed. Most work fine, but four videos will neither play nor download. I've been waiting for customer service help for five months. I don't even get an email saying "We can't help." Since I used Snapfish as a backup and lost files when my computer failed, I now have nothing to show for months and months of work. Constant requests for help from Snapfish go nowhere. I'm told in the online chat "The problem has been sent to Engineering, " but I get nothing in email regarding the status of my problem. This company is incompetent, unprofessional, and uncaring. They must have a lot of money since they don't seem to care about keeping their customers. (Signed: Disgusted FORMER Customer)

• Ki
      3rd of Aug, 2016

Just found out from Snapfish that all the photos I have posted on there for the past 8 years are gone. They were "lost" in the migration! Pictures of my daddy, newborn grandbabies, etc. Please dont use snapfish whatever you do...They make me sick. Their response...Sorry our migration software isn't working properly and we cannot recover those pictures for You.