Smile Care Dental Services / Terrible experience

United States Review updated:

After 18 months of ortho appointments, I do not recommend Smilecare in Concord, CA. Even though I had an appointment card; E-v-e-r--y single time I went in they were running late. They called for me 45 minutes after my scheduled appointment time. If you do use them, I suggest if you have a 3:00 appointment, show up at 2:15 and sign in your name, only then you M-i-g-h-t actually get your appointment on time. Even when I was waiting in the waiting room people were sitting on the (dirty) floor because there were not enough chairs, there are no magazines to read, they did have a TV blasting. All the people waiting had annoyed looks on their faces. I have seen several people just leave. I should have been one of them.
Va

Comments

Ba
  3rd of Feb, 2010
I agree that SmileCare in Concord, California is horrible! My son got braces there, and I only went to them because of my insurance. The office manager told me that I had to get financing for the copay, and I was able to get part of it through CareCredit (also has bad customer service). She told me to try another company for the rest of it, but I told her that I was re-establishing my credit after a divorce and didn't want to run another credit check. She assured me that they approved people easily, but they didn't approve me. She didn't apologize or say one word, other than filling out their in-house credit form that I hadn't even been told about. I couldn't believe she didn't tell me that they could do the financing, especially when I told her my situation. They couldn't care less about their customers.

I also got a letter from them saying they were going to remove my son's braces, because I had not been "cooperative" in keeping appointments. My son had never missed an appointment, or even been late. The letter was so rude, and it was obviously a form letter. I was so insulted, because the only reason they sent it was because he needed to make appointments every month. I didn't realize that, and they waited two months before they sent the letter. How about calling the customer, huh? I pay for his braces every month, whether he sees a dentist or not, so why treat me this way?

Bottom line, DO NOT USE this dentist if you can help it.
Ma
  9th of Jan, 2011
My wife and I underwent a dental cleaning procedure carried out by LINGA VUPPALA at Smile Care, Fremont. Upon completion of the cleaning, the doctor told that there are certain other things (X-rays and some filling) that can be done for the teeth and completely covered under the Insurance. Since we were guaranteed coverage by insurance (the receptionist/administrative staff at Smilecare called my insurance and confirmed this) we did nt say no to this and the doctor carried out the same. Now Smilecare has send me and my wife of bills apxt 170 USD and 160 USD and is asking us to pay for this. We were told that we will be called back but never got a response. Finally we got a notice saying that if the outstanding amount is not paid, the account will be referred to the collection agency.
Rn
  25th of Jan, 2011
My child recently had a procedure done at the San Jose office. I'd heard terrible things about SmileCare, so I was on my guard. The office was okay, nothing fancy...the front office staff was polite and courteous, however, there is a snippy blond back office assistant that needs a major attitude adjustment. To put it quite simply, she is a ***. If you happen to read this sweetheart, change the attitude...you are public healthcare and have a responsibility to be nice. I'm an RN...that outranks you I'm pretty sure. Be a careful consumer here and don't be afraid to speak up with this company!!
Ji
  27th of Jan, 2011

Smile Care Dental Services - I am being held credit hostage
Smile Care Dental Services

I stopped going to Smilecare over a year ago as I no longer had insurance. I was told there was no outstanding balances. I didn't think so, as I paid my co-pay as the work was completed. Mostly just cleanings and one crown.

Since then I have received bills every month for stuff the insurance company supposedly declined over TWO years ago. They keep saying I don't own anything, but keep sending bills.

Now these bills are marked as overdue and may affect my credit rating. I feel as if I am being held credit hostage by this company due to their incompetency.
Ki
  7th of Feb, 2011

Smile Care Dental Services - Beware
Smile Care Dental Services

Beware of Tracey the office financial administrator, she is a liar and swindler. She explained a procedure that had to be done and completed in two appointments as one cost. After paying and asking several times before the 1st procedure and after, while setting up 2nd appointment I asked again "so I am paid in full for 2nd appointment" the answer was yes sir just show up and have work completed. Well to my surprise before going into the doc's chair I was told I had to pay $360.00 for 2nd appointment, when I asked her to produce the paperwork I signed since she said she covered all cost with me she could not produce the signed copy (Hmmm). The dentist herself was "GREAT" although she worked with the limited supplies she had, which I think was so ridiculous that you pay hard earned money and they can't even have the right supplies in stock.