Sleep Country Canada / &New& bed possibly USED!
Sleep Country Canada
We purchased a Tempur bed (retail cost $3,400.) from Sleep Country about one year ago, it began to sag within a month of the purchase. It was not considered defective under warranty until it sagged 1 inch or more. It did reach 1 1/4 inch sag so Sleep Country said they would replace the mattress, not the box springs. After we decided we wanted a Simmon's Beautyrest (same retail cost as previous Tempur) I informed Sleep Country that Simmons advises the Beautyrest mattress needs to be on the Simmons Triton foundation for various reasons and also we needed the low profile foundation as the Tempur box springs were several inches higher. Within 2 days of my initial complaint, Sleep Country agreed to exchange the complete Tempur set for the complete Simmons Beautyrest set straight across - great, we should have been happy right ?! In the meantime (4 days till our "new" bed would be in) I wondered what Sleep Country does with the beds they get returned from their 60 night comfort guarantee offer. I called their customer service and asked, to which they replied that they either give them to charity or resell them, so I asked how I could be sure I would be getting a new bed and not a used bed and was told that the mattresses and foundations come in heat sealed bags from the manufacturers and used beds would have the mattress bags taped up. I called Simmons and they confirmed that all mattresses and foundations are heat sealed in the bags at the factory. Guess what - all 3 of our bags were taped up. I emailed Sleep Country regarding the fact I thought we had received a used bed, got no reply, left 2 voice mail messages and got no reply. It has been 2 weeks now since I tried to contact Sleep Country customer service so now all I have left to do is caution people about shopping at Sleep Country. Apparently I should have done internet research on Sleep Country before we bought there because I have since found others who have received the same response (no response) from customer service regarding various issues. Please be sure and pass this info on to everyone you know so they too don't end up spending over $3,000.00 and ending up with a USED bed from Sleep Country, or any other store for that matter.
More Sleep Country Canada Complaints & Reviews
- Sleep Country - Worst imaginable service! 
- Sleep Country Canada - Sell Used Mattress labelling as New 
- Sleep Country Canada - Poor Customer Service 
- Sleep Country Canada - Bad product / poor service/ won't honor 10 year warantee 
- Sleep Country Canada - Bad service 
- Sleep Country Canada - still no refund 3 months after returning merchandise 
- Sleep Country Canada - sleep country canada / mattress not delivered at committed time, spoiled my whole saturday waiting
- Sleep Country Canada - lied to by salesperson - steered into buy something that I didn't want
- Sleep Country Canada - repeated incorrect item ordered and delivered
- Sleep Country Canada - queen bed set and sealy mattress