Skinology / Scam

1 255 w 5th stSan Pedro, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7202986797

The trial is a total scam, product did not work and they would not allow me to return the product and charging me for the product even though I was within the guidelines for the 14 day trial period. Complete run around with customer service, people from India reading from a script and trying to offer me food coupons as compensation for charging me for the product but would not refund me? Totally disgusted by the dishonesty.

Ro
Jun 3, 2015

Comments

• Ba
      7th of Jun, 2015

I think this company re-invents itxelf on a regular basis. I was scammed by a company called juvenue, same scam different name. Exactly the same deal as this complaint. Lost $105, The health and beauty ads are for the same scam. PLEASE don't fall for this.

• Ro
      7th of Jun, 2015

My bank to stop payment on my account and issue me a new card so they will not continue charging me, hours spent reassigning all my automatic payments to my new card, $25 fee from the bank to do this, what an ordeal for a free trial. Usually I don't fall for scams, but everything seemed legit with the terms and conditions. Hopefully this complaint will deter others from having to go through this. There is so much more prosperity and abundance when operating in truthfulness and right action, why companies choose to operate in dishonesty is beyond me?

• Je
      18th of Jun, 2015

i also fell for this scam, still trying to contact the Company to at least prevent them from sending me more. I though I had been careful when I submitted my order for "Free Samples" especially when I saw that there was apparently no further commitment. This Company are totally Dishonest in their Business practises, don't know how they are able to get away with this. jaygilbert@shaw.ca

• Re
      23rd of Dec, 2015

This company promises a free sample for $4.95. They ship you a small sample. Charge you $4.95 and then two weeks later they charge you $92.93. Please do not buy into this scam. They will repeat the same script on the phone over and over even if you ask them to stop when you call to cancel and they will not refund your money.

• Da
      27th of Dec, 2015

My wife wanted to try this product out so I ordered it a week or two before Christmas. Needless to say, my wife received an email last night for a new charge for $92.93. I called the company today (877-673-1233) and requested that they cancel any future orders. The operator (Cindy with an accent) gave me the run around and tried to blame me for not reading the small print when I ordered it. She also tried to re-direct me by asking several questions each time I told her to just cancel the order. I advised her in a strong manner to just cancel the order and not try to give me the run around after 3 of her continued attempts to do so. She abruptly gave me a cancel code which consisted of the letter "C" plus my order number.

My question is this...has anyone else received a cancellation code and DO THEY STOP ADDING NEW CHARGES TO YOUR CARD after doing so? Or should I just cancel the card I used to make the purchase? Thank you.

• Ka
      28th of Dec, 2015

It is out of character for me to fall for scams, and I wish I had read all of the complaints before I signed up for the "free" trial. I concur with all of the above complaints, and went through the same run around with a woman I could barely understand, and also tried to blame me for not reading the fine print. She tried to refund me 50%, and I demanded to be refunded the full amount. I also got a cancellation code. This was charged to my credit card, and a rep from the credit card company is the one who made the call, and recorded it. I suggest you don't call the bogus company yourself, but have a credit card or bank rep make the call. My card company assured me they would dispute the charges if the company refused to refund the money, and stop all future charges. Lesson learned.

• Di
      1st of Jan, 2016

I'm glad I came here before I tried calling the company. I got the 4.95 free trial, too. Something told me not to do it but I did it anyway. There was NO fine print. There was NO agreement to continue receiving the product over time or to sign up for such. I am on low fixed income. I have my rent check auto-paid and my hearing aids auto-paid. After that's gone, I have only about a hundred dollars for everything else. So now, I get hit with charges for 92.93 (TRONIDERMBEAUTY in CA, phone is 855-715-1067) and 89.95 (LCCARALLUMA in AZ, phone is 877-311-8232). These charges went through a little before the Skinology company's supposed closing time on January 1, and of course when I called the numbers they said the company is closed for the holidays and to call back Monday through Friday 9 to 6 EST. Now that I've come here and seen the recommendation to have someone from the bank call them to document their fraudulent activity, I'm going to call my local branch Monday and ask them if they'd please call. I cancelled my debit card through my bank's 800 number, but the rep said it the debit has to post first before it can be disputed. Once it's disputed, it can take 3 to 10 days to refund it to my account if they determine it was fraudulent. In the meantime, not only am I hanging by my fingernails anyway, I've got to drive 843 miles round trip to go stay with my 73-year-old sister while she has major prolapse surgery, and I was worried enough about having the funds to cover the gas to get there. These "people" are CRIMINALS, and I told the bank rep so. This is causing me no end of distress!

• Br
      9th of Jan, 2016

This company is a totally FRAUDULENT!!! PLEASE Don't fall for the free trial offer. They ship you the full month supply the minute you give them your credit card number and you cannot cancel the trial offer. I contacted Skinology at 1-877-673-1233 and told them to cancel the auto ship enrolment 5 times and they said that they would refund me a percentage of my payment. They did not do either of these things. I had to contact my credit card company and stay on the line for 1 hour and 15 minutes to get them to cancel the auto ship enrolment and refund me half of my money. 47.50