Singlesnet.com / Taking money from my bank account

I was a remember of singlesnet.com, and became very dissatisfied with their service, and decided to have them stop billing my C.C in May. I did it on their website and checked the box where it said to Stop Billing MY account. But their was also a message their that said i could use it until the membership ran out. Well, i go into June and was still able to use the service. To make a long story short, they were still Billing my account long after i told them to stop. They say i continued using their service. Their is something wrong with their Website. Do not give any C.C information to them they will continue to bill your card if you try to cancel online. I think i need to hire a lawyer, anyone else experienced this from singles net??

Comments

17th of Jul, 2007

I did not renew this dating service and I certainly did not allow them access to my bank account. I don't know where they got the money from. When you join you fill out a profile. One of the items is what ages of men are you interested in. I am 70 years old and they are trying to ix me up with men under 68.

People beware!!!

• Ju
      21st of Aug, 2007

Same here! I specifically went to the "resign" link shortly after I subscribed; I didn't want the automatic monthly recurring charge. I checked the "Stop billing my PayPal account. You won't be billed again." Guess what - they did! I emailed the so-called customer support and was told "When you use Paypal to upgrade your profile you must cancel your rebill in your Paypal account. Simply look up the date you created your subscription under your Paypal transaction history and under "more details" select "cancel subscription." When you do this Paypal stops transferring money to us monthly." I replied, asking them just what "Stop billing my PayPal account. You won't be billed again." means to them.

Bottom line: they got (at least) an extra month's premium. Even tho it's only $24.95, I'm furious!

31st of Aug, 2007

I am receiving a lot of women on line a lot older than myage of 55 and they took out an additional month of service out of my credit card that i did not authorize. I am trying to cancel!

• Ra
      21st of Sep, 2007

hi can us cancel mi acount pls

• We
      11th of Dec, 2007

THIS SITE PLUS OTHERS E HARMONY SINGLESNET AND ALL THE INVESTIGATE PEOPLE SUCH AS PEOPLE FINDERS AND OTHERS TAKE MONEY FROM YOUR ACCOUNTS MAYBE WE STOP ALL BUYING WITH AN ACCOUNT THAT CAN BE USED AGAIN. YOU CAN BUY CARDS AT SOME MALLS WITH YOUR DESIRED AMOUNTS ON IT USE IT AND IT STOPS IF NO MONEY IS APPLIED TO IT.

25th of Dec, 2007

I totally know what you mean They did the same thing to me with my paypal account.

• Dg
      20th of Jan, 2008

I am in the process of filing a better business bureau complaint against them - during their cancellation process, they explicitly state that your credit card would no longer by charged from that moment on, and that no further action needed to be taken by you b/c cancelling the subscription with paypal will be taken care of by *them.* well, they continued to charge my credit card. and since I had two other regular subscriptions with paypal at the time, and they don't specify which company in the email title (they just refer to "your subscription") and in addition I don't check that email address often and I had ALOT going on in my life at the time so I was distracted, I did not notice for a while that singlesnet.com had not cancelled my paypal subscription as they had promised and that they were now stealing my money and had been for months.

When I caught on, needless to say I was livid, and emailed their customer service. Their response was that it was *my* responsibility to cancel with paypal (at that point I forgot that they had gone out of their way in the cancellation process to tell me that I didn't need to do this) and that for a refund I needed to call a certain number. After I cancelled my subscription via paypal, I called the number.

After verifying my information and checking my account, the women I spoke with claimed they
    do not in fact give refunds and instead offered me free paid access to their site (for a limited time, not forever, I should specify) - which was utterly useless for me considering that the reason I cancelled my paid membership in the first place was because I'm concentrating on school and not looking for anybody. I demanded my money back; she would not bend. Then - here's where I realized that I was dealing with crooks who were trying to make sure they wouldn't get caught - she totally contradicted herself and told me that I still had a paid account, which was a bold-faced lie. She had gone and changed the settings on my FREE account (which I had kept, after cancelling my paid membership, just in case I wanted to come back someday) as we spoke, during that phone call, probably after I refused her offer, and was now covering the company's tracks.

I had no choice but to go through the cancellation process on their site a second time (I wish I had taken screenshots the first time I did it so I'd have hard proof, but then it didn't cross my mind that I was about to be ripped off.) During that process was when my memory was refreshed about their in-print promise that singlesnet would cancel the paypal subscription and my credit card would no longer be charged from then on. There it was, in black and white, legal proof that they had cheated me and owed me the money they had extorted whether they wanted to give me a refund or not. I wrote them an email telling them that I would be reporting their scam to the better business bureau.

Ok, now that you know my story, anyone feel like taking legal action with me? It makes for a strong case against them.

• Me
      9th of Feb, 2008

They got me too, cancelled the day prior, i totally deleted the profile, and the next day they were taking money, they are theives, and i no longer trust paypal either, since i was denied my claim with them too, and they went ahead and sent my money on to singlesnet. i cancelled with paypal today.

• Ri
      19th of Mar, 2008

Singlesnet needs to be responsible about who actually enters their web site. I have been in their site for nearly 3 weeks and found that most of the contacts are from Africa, Ghana. These people are scam artist, that upon first contact indicate that they are living in the United States, and next door to the subscribers. Very dishonest people that have one purpose, and that is to scam people. Singlesnet needs to clean up their act, or they should brought up for misconduct, and prosecuted to the full extenct of the law.
    There needs to be a group action, suit. Trust me, they are out for one purpose only-get your money. Don't join this group, very poor quality of people are now using this site.

26th of May, 2008

YUP absolute scam. I signed up for the 1 month, not the 3 or 12 month. I paid a higher premium just to see what the site was like for one month. All the girls I was talking to wer webcam sluts just trying to get me to pay for their webcam services. NOT A CHANCE. If I wanted a peep show id go to the strip club or call my ex, ###.

Im down for a class action lawsuit.

• Al
      7th of Oct, 2008

Am I currently a member of singlesnet.com? If so how do I go about canceling my membership?

• Ro
      10th of Oct, 2009

Well I'm another dissatified customer. Singlesnet didn't stop billing my account when they said they would, cancelled online, tried to call the phone # line said number not available, then when checking my credit card statements I found Singlesnet was some how billing 2, two of my credit cards . I had only given them one card # when I signed up with them but had tried True.com for a "FREE" trial cancelled with them right away but they billed me then I called them they credited my card but next month billed me again. These people are theives . Maybe the only safe way to use these sites is a prepaid creditcard. Watch out, ... someone needs to invent a cyber condom.