Singlesnet.com / Scammers

After reading all the complaints I would just like to chime in. After I signed up in November 2006 I started getting all kinds of "winks" from girls and a few legit people who wanted to communicate live. However I did receive numerous requests to check out girl's websites. I could smell a scam brewing. However... There is a happy ending.

I did meet a local girl on the site who was going to Law School in my city. We had a disastrous first date, but then gave it another shot. We have been together 2.5 years now and will be getting married this September. If not for clicking on a random link (advertisement) on myspace I would not have met my future wife.

Strange world

Comments

15th of Apr, 2008

Singlesnet.com doesn't do squat to filter out the scammers, phishers and outright frauds using its site. I cannot begin to tell you how many contacts I received from women in claiming to be in their 80s whose profiles had pictures of twenty-somethings. There were a lot of them who listed "accountant" and "retail sales" as their profession. These are women supposedly in their late 80s? Come on! The frauds can't even get their info straight or structure a sentence properly in English. I cannot begin to tell you how many "U.S." students there were "studying" anthropology, geology, sociology, etc. "in Africa." I would avoid Singlesnet like the plague. They are just a home base for frauds.

• Ju
      4th of Sep, 2008

Another scam that I've ran into is the "house cleaner." They get on to this site under the pretext of dating. What they really want is to aquire more business at outrageous fees. The last one of these I encountered wanted $50.00 per hour! I think it's called "clean your clock."

• Me
      15th of Nov, 2008

Be on your guard and buyer beware. I have used singlesnet for three years. Before I got a proper education on dating scams I was taken for five hundred dollars. The scammer turned out t0 be an infamous Russian scammer. There are entire organizations that use unprotected sites like singlesnet to run scams. Search Russian and or African dating scams. There are easy ways to spot a scammer once you do a little research. Watch for anyone who immediately offers thier personal address or alternate website. If they are in love with by the second week (lets get real) that is an instant indicator. If they need money to travel to visit you and think it is worth the chance after several months of letters, then offer to have a plane ticket waiting. They cant cash it or transfer it. Never send cash by wire. If they have a dying mother, hard luck, or need cash for travel, dont do it. They are pros and will likely get you to offer them something before asking, remembering they are experts and have been through thousands of people like you. If you meet someone from a foriegn country ask for the post address and mail them a letter, see what type of response you get. Ask for photos with proof of the current date. Look for improper english in the writing with words like (couse, my mum, and slang expressions). In singlesnet defense I have met and dated several nice ladies I met on the site but overall the majority are 50 lbs and five years older than they advertise. Throw out questions about thier family or specific questions about where they claim they live ( area code, phone prefix, etc) If they are a scammer they will dump you for putting them in a corner. Happy Hunting.
    Look for sites that verify indentity and criminal background.

• Me
      28th of Nov, 2008

Singlesnet not only appears to home base workers, but also I think there is far more scam to this site, CONARTIST...I feel that everyone getting on this site should take another thought before signing up..These guys realy need to be took down, and sued..I believe some people on the site are part of a scamming conspiracy it is just that obvious!!! I believe that if they were to go under investigation, they would be cracked...

• Ha
      19th of Jul, 2009

Next time use a site that is other than searching for a fellow fornicator like eharmony.

• Al
      27th of Jul, 2009

On singlesnet.com and usearchlocal.com there is a entire network of women From Ghana West Africa that all say they are from a big City in the US and they all say they are in there 40's and then after you start to talk to them they are all from Ghana and in there 20's and they all have the exact same story like they are reading it off a script! After a few days they all need you to send them money because they want to come to the US to marry you and then when you say no they get very angry and will even threaten your life! I had one even call my local Police Dept and say I was trying to sell them Machine Guns! they can come up with some very detailed scams for you to send them money like produce Fake checks for 1.9 million dollars that they need you to send them cash to get to the US to cash and spend with you ! Even the pictures they send you are not them as they will send you two or three pics of women who are clearly not the same women!

• Di
      22nd of Sep, 2009

I keep getting a member's profile almost on a daily basis. We have talked and he says he isn't sending it to me! My profile sets an age range...I keep getting ages MUCH younger sent to me as a match. Will definitely NOT RENEW singles.net membership.

• Ni
      26th of Jun, 2011

That tale of love is great but a very rare chance using these dating sites. Like you said, you met her by accident, not because you intended to meet up with her.

• Je
      27th of Jul, 2011

Yes, the love itself is a miracle that always changes beyond your thinking. Though you don't know when the love will come, you should give you and others a opportunity. SO if you want to have a date and don't hesitate and just do it.look at here, you maybe have more chance to meet your love. sugar''''''''cu''''''''pid.com///.I also found my love here.it's not like others' site, always have some fake profile and think how to cheat the users' money.