Singlesnet / Nigerian Romance Scam

I went on Singlesnet dating service and did not have problems with the billing, but had problems with poeple that i met on singlesnet. I got duped by a Nigerian Romance Scam on singlesnet. Scam 419. Its when a person meets you online and says that they are doing work out of Nigeria. They act like they are really looking for a relationship but all they are looking for is citizenship, money and someone to victimize. They put their profile on singlesnet like they are located out of California, but actually they are Nigerians scamming to victimize women and men. So please be careful with singles net dating service.

Mc

Comments

• Ca
      23rd of Apr, 2008

The same thing just happened to me. What a crying shame. They appear to be really nice people. About a month into the relationship/emails, they are about to finish whatever project they are on and run into huge problems and need money to bail them out. Very loving and caring people, really play on the emotional side very well. Always with the love and trust issues. The usually have no or little family, very few friends, no credit cards and are business owners. Please be very cautious, no business owner would be huge success without most or many of the above factors in their lives. Especially traveling abroad without a credit card. Also they say that the hotels do not accept credit cards...

• Cl
      23rd of Apr, 2008

They are also on sites such as YAHOO PERSONALS AND MATCH. If they have an unusually attractive photo, chances are its a scam.

• Ev
      27th of Sep, 2008

I was contacted by a man on a internet dating site. He sent me what he claimed were pics of himself and yes he was very handsome. Claimed he was French by birth and a single parent. Has a six year old daughter. Lives in Manchester. Mother lives in Scotland and he is a writer by proffession. He declared his love for me by the forth email and even thou we had never met nor had I sent him pics as he kept requesting because I knew something was not right. To cut a long story short. He left Manchester to go to Nigeria to launch a book he had written on the government.(emailed me a copy of his ticket) Email from him said book launch a success. Few days later on the day he was due to return to UK he is arrested by government officals because the book had 'misinformation about a Nigerian offical' He was now been held in remand and had to pay a fine to be allowed to come home as offical very unhappy. He was unable to get any kind of help for one reason or another so needed my help and how much he loved me. I said ok will help by contacting the British or French embassay. When he begged me not to but to keep this between us I had the proof that I needed that he as a con man. After asking if he had a web cam so I could see him he said 'No before moving on to telling me how to send the money by Western Union along with the name of the person I should send it to as he was in remand so would not be able to collect. He is detained yet had access to computer to email me. I never sent him any money as for him being French he is a about as much French as George Bush. Since my running with this man I have done lots of research on the net and there is a lot of info out there on scammers.

• Nr
      22nd of Feb, 2009

A woman by the name of princesssharon4 tried to scam a male friend of mine, said she is out of nigeria, no family, blah blah, blah, then hit him up for money, to "come be with him"-anyone familiar with her?

• To
      20th of Dec, 2009

i got scamed bye a girl named flora collins she met me on bearshare and quikly fell in love with me mean wile never asking me for a cent.then she wanted to come live with me she is in nigeria going to oau and class is almost done and she needs money to get plane ticket but mean wile saying her mom would help.on the day she was to leave on way to air port van she was in go in accdent and she went to hospital some fake doctor called me for more money i new rite away i got scamed and she got me for 3000$ and me on welfare i am loseing everything over her as we speek she still wont give it up.she clamed to be from ohio usa i am loseing my home and everything over this scammer she good let me no if u see her i will add her photo my username is hottoddy