Simplicity Gourmet / overpriced/mislead on free honeymoon

1 8301 16 1/2 mile rd.apt.71Sterling Heights, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 586-939-3199

this loan should be considered fraudulent, the salesperson told us on demonstratation night the free honeymoon would not cost us anything, well we found that wasn't true and no exceptions were made once we explained, what we were told, asked for my $50.00 dollar deposit back well that didn't happen either.My fiance and I had the so called china and crystal looked and it is not authentic as we expected and were told so, the interest rates are ridiculious.These thieves should be out of business completely, and penalized.

Comments

• As
      9th of Jul, 2009

you are righ the same thing happened to me they would not refund my $50 and i never recieved anything i ordered i called about it and they said they dont know whats going on i asked for my money back and that i felt scammed that i didnt want the product seeing how it was 30 days later and they wouldnt give me a refund they are scammers beware of them. not even a few months later they called me again to go to one of their shows. could couldnt believe they had the nerve. if they call you tell them they are a fraud. and not to call. tell them if they call you back you will sue them for harrasment you wont hear from them again.

• Sh
      28th of Sep, 2009

If you went the the BBB, you would see that they are a A rated company. Meaning if you felt ripped off you should have read the fine print and if you still feel ripped off called the BBB. If they were fraudulent, like say Royal Presitage, it would say so on there. I have bought 5 pans for $600 and I never looked back. Best pans I've used, never have to use PAM and easy to clean unlike pans I have bought at JC Pennys or any of the other stores that charge $60 a pan and it's junk in no time. I have not used the 3 night vacation yet but it does say there is a $50 non-refundable processing fee so I will not book with the agent until I know what it going on and then I will let you know if it is legit or not plus it says it does not included taxes because you pay that to the government. I just thought some one should hear the side of a consumer who didn't have a problem.

• Vi
      12th of Dec, 2009

We ordered the pots and pans, paid a $100 deposit and never received the pots and pans

28th of Apr, 2010

I was invited to a bridal preview last weekend and found myself listening to a sales pitch about $3000 to $6000 pots and pans. They trashed store bought cookware and talked about Teflon and how it will poison my family. The salesman talked down to us when we asked questions about his false and insulting claims.The demonstration went on for 2 1/2 hours. When we tried to leave without buying their over priced pots, the salesman was rude and insulting.I can not believe they are still in business. Their gift offering was awful...I highly recommend you stay away from this company.

• Di
      25th of Nov, 2010

We were called and told that we had won "a dinner prepared by a chef in our own home" during our town's pumpkin festival. The woman who called me was very nice explaining "our chef and team will come in, cook you dinner, clean up, and offer you discounts on our cookware if you are interested".

To make a long story short our "chef" was an out of work auto executive and the team was him. It was a sales pitch for their cookware and the meal...was heated frozen vegetables and chicken.

We are certain that the contest we "won" was actually just a company who asked passers by if they wanted to enter a contest and then contacted every person who "entered" stating that they had won. They then misrepresented their prize by selling it as a Chef Prepared dinner when it was a sales pitch for an all or nothing cookware package starting at $4K.

Hopefully this post will save you from having to endure a 2 hour sales pitch for cookware you cannot purchase without a bank loan.

assssssss

hjj

HAHA U GOT SCAMMED

• Si
      10th of May, 2011

Please note that this company has nothing to do with Simplicity Travel Inc. in Brewster, NY. We are an extremely reputable on line travel company with an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau, specializing in all inclusive honeymoons in Mexico and the Caribbean. We do not give away honeymoons at the "pots and pans" presentation, and have no relationship to any of this. Those who are interested in wonderful honeymoons at discounted prices should contact us - those who have been promised free honeymoons - please read the fine print.

• Gu
      15th of Nov, 2012

same thing here last night in baton rouge, gave them $1, 000 check and came home to cancel it after thinking about it on the drive home, they almost had me convinced.