Simoniz Fix It / Simoniz fix it - big rip off

1 po box 210827Milwaukee, WI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 2627962018

I placed the order 03/09 for 1 fix it kit and 1 vacuum, there was no confirmation page that would allow me to check my order rather they sent me an order page which reflected they charged me for 2 kits and 2 vacuums after I rejected all other offers. I sent an email correcting the order to the email address that was provided with the order and called customer service but they were closed. The next day I get an email that I sent my initial email to the wrong place and am given another email address. I sent an email and called customer service who was closed. I called customer service the next day and was told that there was nothing they would do for me and they had no supervisor available. If anyone knows anything about starting a class action lawsuit or what I can do to get my money back I would greatly appreciate the feedback.

Lc

Comments

• Ni
      6th of Apr, 2009

It's a complete RIP OFF!!
    Ordered 1 FIX IT PRO KIT for $9.95 plus $9.95 S&H. My credit card was charged for $49.80 -- Received One Box with TWO Kits in it and a packing slip without any itemization of cost of products. They doubled my order!
    Tried the Fix It Pen on my car: almost immediately the tip dried up and fell out, but not before making the scratch worse!!!
    Returned the whole contents at my cost ($8) and requested a refund of $39.85 ($49.80 less $9.95 S&H, as per their return policy). Received a credit for only $9.95!!!
    Called customer service, was told no credit for opened pen.
    First, I didn't buy the product to look at it -- wanted to use it, but how do I know if it works or not until I use it?!
    Second, this product not only does not work as it's advertised, it causes more damage!
    It is unconscionable to to sell such a rip off 'magic' product in such underhanded manner in these difficult economic times, i.e. get back their product and make money on it, too!
    Fix It and Billy May should be stopped and a class action law suit is a great idea to do it!
    On my end, I'm contacting my credit card company to dispute the charge, and writing a complaint to Consumer Protection Agency.

• Mi
      27th of Apr, 2009

They just did the same thing to me...said I placed two orders instead of one. I just filed a complaint with the BBB and my bank will do their own investigation. Attorney General will hear from me next.

30th of Apr, 2009

I TO GOT RIPPED OFF!!I'M IN THE DETAIL BUSINESS 49 YEARS .I HAVE DETAILED OVER 15, 000 CARS ...I HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL IN REMOVING MOST SCRATCHES .SO I FELT THAT "FIX-IT" WOULD WORK ON SOME OF MY CARS...NO WAY!!!IT DOESNT WORK AT ALL..THERES ONLY 1/8 0F AN OUNCE OF PRODUCT IN THE STICK.. THE STICK FELTED LIKE IT WAS EMPTY!!!THE TIP ALSO DRYED UP AFTER THE FIRST APPLICATION...I GET NO HELP FROM THEM!!!THEY WANT YOU TO PAY TO SHIP IT BACK, YOU DONT GET PAID FOR ANY SHIPPING OR USED PRODUCT..SO I ALSO PAID WITH A DEBIT CARD ..SO YOU CANT GET IT BACK!!!WE NEED TO GET A CLASS ACTION SUIT!!!
    I CANT WAIT TO SEE SOMEONE USES THEIR SHARK REPELLANT AND GETS EATEN!!!SO I'M OUT $51.53

• Ec
      1st of May, 2009

I had the identical experience. No summary page to check order. I backed out of the screen after saying NO to a number of add on items, thinking that I didn't want anything to do with this firm, but backing out did not stop an order from being processed. After numerous, "heated" e'mails I received an RMA number and returned the unopened merchandise at my expense ($6.50). I did receive an e-mail confirming that my credit card would be credited for the full amount of the order including shipping and handling, but I haven't seen it come through yet.

The Simonize Fixit order entry process is highly misleading and downright unethical in my opinion. Anyone placing an order with this firm should know up front that the $19.95 offer advertised on TV is going to balloon to a much larger figure. If when placing the order you select "Do not include vacuum", they will send it anyway because it is "free" but will add on a big shipping and handling charge.

Buyers beware of placing orders on the fixit.com website!!!

• Lo
      19th of Jul, 2009

How do the FIXIT people sleep at night? The most dishonest purchase ever...If I was Billy I would be rolling in my grave. Much like the proceeding, what I ordered and what I got were two very expensively different things. They STOLE MONEY, no different than any other thief. Two pens ended up costing $65. I hope they all go to he!!

• Re
      21st of Jul, 2009

Contact the law firm of Herman Gerel, LLP in Atlanta, GA – David McKay – 1-404-880-9500, they only do class action cases, they may take this case. It seems there are hundreds of people complaining about this company online and those are just the people who took the time to post their complaint. Great law firm!
    I too ordered the Fix It and when it gets to the final screen, after rolling through all of the other stuff they try to sell you, it showed I had purchased the Turbo Vac, which is "free" for a whopping $14.95 shipping charge. I e-mailed them seconds after this happened asking them to remove it. Two days later I received an e-mail saying my order was shipped. Now I received the shipped notification e-mail 6 minutes after I received the e-mail from customer service saying it has already been shipped. Their site says it takes 3-6 weeks to receive and I placed my order on a Friday and it shipped the next Tuesday. When I called Customer Service she proceeded to tell me there was nothing she could do and that if you don't select at the first screen whether you want your order with or without the Turbo Vac it automatically gets added! I was furious and stated that a replutably website would give you a screen to review your order first then to confirm the order. This website does not do that. It goes through about 20 screens of trying to sell you more crap then it pops straight to the final screen and you can't change anything. When I asked for a manager I was told there was none there and all I could do was send a letter to a PO Box and an e-mail to "management". She told me there was no phone number, which we all know is a bunch of lies! I am about to contact "management and I will post a follow-up. I will never order anything from them again. I can only imagine what I am in for when I actually get the product I ordered. Also a reputable company would not add something to you order if you forgot to select something, they would actually do the exact opposite - NOT ADD IT.