Signtronix / Lease agreement / buyout

1 Canton, MA, United States Review updated:

I leased a sign from Signtronix through Northern Leasing. The lease was for 24 months. The lease was signed December 5, 2005. Monthly payments were taken from my checking account for the 2 years. After the lease terminated, January 15, 2008, Northern Leasing took another monthly payment in the amount of $169.84. The buy-out amount for the sign was $243.55. The Asset Management group called me today (March 28, 2008) say I was delinquent on my payment - I put a stop payment order with the bank not to allow any further withdrawals. I am willing to pay the balance of the buy-out amount $73.71, but got so upset with them, I hung up phone and thought to check on their business practices!! Alas, It's not just ME.

Comments

• Ta
      26th of Feb, 2009

Luckily I have read all this BEFORE my contract came to full term. They hide four additional pages that they claim was part of the original contract they say if you don't notify them 30 days before the end of the lease and "request a buyout" that the "lease" automatically renews and they just keep charging you, even though you just paid in full!!! It is a scam, and thanks to all you wonderful people posting information out there, I am now aware of these new pages before they tried this crap on me. The fact they do not provide these hidden pages, or reference them is FRAUD and you have a good case. WorldLawDirect has a claim going and you might be able to join in. Also, report to the better business bureau and your state attorney general.