Shoplet.com / Fraud

Ordered a couple of toner cartridges online. Site said it was in-stock and would be shipped within a couple of days.

Paid by Paypal, but noticed that Paypal didn't charge me immediately. Pretty strange. I immediately changed my Paypal password.

Got an email from shoplet that the order was going out. It gave a link to check the status. The status page said backordered.

Called shoplet and was told the item was discontinued. Asked them to make sure they cancel the order. She said there was no way for the order to go through since it was discontinued.

An hour later, they charged my Paypal account for over $300 - well after the point they said they were canceling the order.

They have 7 days to respond to the fraudulent charge at Paypal. I'm out over $300 for at least a week.

These people are absolute criminals. You're probably here because you've already been ripped off by them, but if you are smart enough to check first - let this be a warning.

I thought Paypal is a safe way to purchase from unknown companies. That's my last Paypal purchase if it takes a week to resolve a fraudulent charge, and either Paypal or the vendor keeps the money in that time.

N  7th of Oct, 2010 by
Never again!Do not buy! Had to call them 4 times and still no respond. Be aware if you use paypall you can not review the total amount before you check out.
1) Shoplet does not mention anywhere on their site that they charge sales tax in NEW YORK.
2) Even though you use a coupon which the site accepts in your cart, when you check out it diables the coupon with out giving you the option to cancel the order!
3)If you call or email them 5 minutes after you place the order they tell you that the order already has proccessed! SO you are stuck paying the restocking fee or accepting the items or claiming a dispute thru paypal.
4) Called 4 times for customer service and still nothing.

Stay Away, you are better buy office supplies from another site that does business the right way.

P.S. this my first review, I wanted to warn any other buyers that are looking for a good deal online for office supplies.

N  15th of May, 2015 by
This is not a review on the product quality I purchased, which is good, but on Shoplet customer service.

Beware! Return items at your own risk.

I was charged a very high restocking fee (do not trust the policies you'll find on the site of a 10%) as you will be charged with the return shipping.

After chasing customer service for 6+ weeks I got my refund: a $6.12 refund for a product $15.65.

The reason: According to their customer service, I was charged for the amount paid for the freight costs to and from your shipping address - a policy NEVER MENTIONED on their site or during my email exchange with them.

Never again!