Shell Vacations Club / time at our resort not available most times

1 Barrie, Ontario, Canada

I believe we have been ripped off by Shell Vacations, I have been looking at customer complaints today and after my disappointment of losing all this money and not being able to take a vacation. I see many complaints from people dealing with the same issues I have with your company. We bought many years ago, weeks, Even year, Red Week which we were led to believe we could go anywhere! It was the best your company said!
We used different vacation areas and resorts for years with the exchange program, then Your company bought in the Points Program and if we didn't go along with the new change and pay a large added fee we couldn't enjoy vacations as before, and then all of a sudden we can't get into most resorts, so we decide to stay at our home resort and we are still getting a problem from your vacation Club..We pay almost $1300.00 per year in maintenance fees this is more than our property taxes and for WHAT? If this is your scare tactic of getting people on board with the newer and more costly fees for added and better vacations, then Shame on You and your company. and how about all the people that signed on for weeks? and great vacations? and Not Points! I am so upset, we plan a vacation with our grandchildren for Christmas try booking for New Year week, I called a Year ago and they said we couldn't book because it was to late, this is our time 2018 and we paid our fees, I tried again today November 7th. hoping for a last min cancellation
and no luck unless we flew from Newfoundland this week to use, that is just not good enough and If we can't use our home resort then what are we paying for? We want to request our maintenance fees back, Our home resort is Carriage Hills Resort, Barrie Ontario, Canada... my Contact information is Elizabeth Snow # [protected] Phone [protected]

El