Shell Vacations Club / Awful company

United States Review updated:
3.75

Shell Vacation is a SCAM! DO NOT BUY!!! The resorts are never available. All we've done is pay money, money, money but we have not yet reaped in its benefits. It's just like throwing our money out the window.
Whenever we call, they never have any availability besides Mondays and Tuesdays. Who takes a vacation on Mondays or Tuesdays!?!

Whenever we try to book, they can never accommodate us, even if we have a list of dates. They do not understand how to provide satisfaction and great customer service. We have been owners for 3+ years and we've only been able to use it once. But the amount of money we've given them is unbelievable.
Va

Comments

Do
  20th of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Hello guys Please JOIN my Facebook Group called. ..I bet i find 10, 000 People that hate Shell Vacations Time Share! It is time that People out there find out what a rip off and scam Shell Vacations is! Lets find all the people and join the board so the Internet itself will spread the word across the U.S and let the truth SHINE!

Here is the link to my group.

The Group is called
I BET I FIND 10, 000 People that HATE Shell Vacations Club Time Share!
Ge
  19th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Shell Vacations Club is a RIP OFF period! I have been a owner since 2000 and every year my maintenace fees have gone up and the 3500 points per year are not worth any more than $600.00.
St
  6th of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
We filed a complaint with the IL BBB, we also sent a lengthy letter through email to shell about our complaint. Of course we haven't heard back from them, it's been over a week. Here's a list of email addresses I found on-line, maybe if we bombard them with emails we can get our money back. These are employees from the CEO to Human Resources. Good Luck!
awang@svc-west.com
sjones@ shellvacationsllc.com
Ga
  22nd of Dec, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
all victim come here, lets get stronger.
Je
  2nd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Shell Vacations Club is a RIP OFF.

We need more people to stand up together and get stronger. shell vacation victim please join my communite forum at http://antishellvacation.com

Why would someone pay $400 a night with Shell Vacations Club points when you can stay at the same Hotel for $150 by booking with Expedia or other website. The economy is in real bad shape and we should let current owner NOT TO PURCHASE MORE POINTS AND MAKE SURE OTHER PEOPLE DO NOT GET SCAMMED ON THIS RIP OFF.
Do not get fooled by FAKE positve comments made by Shell Vacations employees. Read what current pissed owners have to say about.

Az
  1st of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
no one ripped you off... you knew quite well what you were signing. & i challenge you to try to find a 2 bedroom suite even in vegas for under 400 a night.
WE ARE LEGITIMATE OWNERS WITH A 9 YEAR OLD THAT LOVES TO TRAVEL NOW. WE MAKE THE BEST OF OUR MEMBERSHIP BY TRAVELING DURING THE WEEK SO AS TO MISS THE CROWDS & MAXIMIZE OUR POINT VALUES. WE ONLY OWN 2250 POINTS BUT HAVE STAYED IN SOME INCREDIBLE 1 & 2 BEDROOM SUITES AT SEVERAL OF THE SHELL PROPERTIES. I highly recomend you tke advantage of the new promotion that will eliminate your association dues as we have done. Now when we pay our membership off we will own it free & clear in 5 years with ony a couple of $25 cleaning fees per year for a lifetime of vacations . P.S. we higly recomend the legacy resort... the have a wonderful pool area with all kinds of "free" flotation toys for the kids as well as a fitness room with free weights, nautilus equip, cycles & treadmills. & if you love golf as I do ... where else can you play a round of golf in the phoenix/scottsdae area for under $80 per round. we paid $10. oh and as for booking... we bookied 3 days in advance before going. YOUR VACATIONS ARE WHAT YOU MAKE OF THEM. I ENCOURAGE ANYONE READING BECOME EDUCATED BEFORY YOU BUY OR TRAVEL..!!
Sh
  19th of Jul, 2009
I would like the names of the resorts in which you stayed by using your shell vacation points, please? For our 2500 points, the only accommodations that our points will pay for is a studio that sleeps four. Not only that, but I have been trying to make reservations for over a month and there is absolutely no place that has any rooms available in the area that we would like to stay. SO, .. Can only get a studio, but Can't get a studio because there is nothing available. I would very much like the actual names of the places in which you have stayed using your Shell points. Thank you.

Shell Vacations Club Logo Shell Vacations Club