Sharaf DG / find it here or claim it free lie

United Arab Emirates Review updated:

So much for Sharaf DG's brand promise of "Find it here or claim it Free!". What a lie. I went in to buy a tv and was informed that the item isn't available in store, however, if I fill in a form, they will have it available within 24 hours or I'll get it for free. So, I filled in the form and 24 hours later, still no tv. Instead, I got a salesperson phoning me up to say that the item is at the port and will be available at the shop the next day, i.e. 24 hours extra to what they originally promised (a total of 48 hours). When I phoned the next day, they said the item is on its way to the shop, still not in store yet! But when I claimed the Sharaf DG promise that I could have the item for free since it's obviously not in the store within the first 24 hours as promised (or even 48 hours!), the salesperson started weaseling out of their promise by saying that:
a) the item is 'available', just not in the store and
b) that by phoning me up within the first 24 hours to let me know that the item isn't in the store, but will be reaching the store a day later,
they have fulfilled their brand promise!

Basically, as far as Sharaf DG is concerned, the definition that an item is "available" is to inform you that the item is somewhere out there, is on its way, but not in the store yet and I just have to wait before I can actually get it.

How far will Sharaf DG go to get out of fulfilling their promise??

So, if you're thinking of shopping at Sharaf DG because of their celebrated brand promise "Find it here or claim it Free!", forget it. It's just a marketing ploy to reel you in!

Comments

• Ta
      14th of Feb, 2010

I'am winner.Please tell how I can get the money
    my e mail no is [protected]@hotmail.com

• Ab
      21st of Mar, 2010

Think twice before you buy anything form from Sharaf DG, we have purchase Nokia phone with warranty and just after 6 month they asked me to pay AED 110 to repair my Phone, biggest liar.

All fraud marketing - be careful.

• Re
      9th of Sep, 2010

Keep in mind, when ever you buy a phone ask for whether the warranty is manufacturer warranty or the retailer warranty. Buy only if it is manufacturer warranty.

• Ib
      17th of Nov, 2012

Ibuy nokia n9 blk from sharaf dg date 24/11/12 after 2 day camera not working good and after 10 days battery drains very fast
    on standby mode less than4 hours and the unit getting hot on the back upper part of the phone i give back date 17/12/12 and they did not replaced it and send it to their work shop.so this not good i pay 1848 AED for 24 day phone not working this whom mistake
    my name ibrahim

• Fa
      6th of Oct, 2013

Hi,
    I have purchased iphone 5 from your deira city centre branch on 05.10.2013 @ 12 pm and its more than 24 working hours and still not avilable..i hope my money will be refunded back and i get the item FOC..its clear from your policy..