Shane Company / white gold

1 Roseville, CA, United States Review updated:

I bought a white gold ring set from Shane Company after having worn another white gold set for ~15 years from another company. After about 3 years I developed an allergy to the ring and the color of the ring changed from white to pale gold. They now indicate that the ring must be treated with rhodium every 6 mos to 1 year to prevent allergies and keep the color. I find other reports of this on the internet but am surprised that this has never been a problem with jewelry I have had in the past. Should this happen?

Ka

Comments

28th of Apr, 2009

Hello to you i'm James The Jeweler in Atlanta, Ga and i'm a "REAL" ONLINE JEWELER HERE.

Let me first tell you that your ring has "NICKLE" in it as an ALLOY to help make it appear as white gold, that's why you're having an ALLERGIC REACTION to it. The Shane Co. should've disclosed this info to you at the time of sale, but i see they didn't. I don't sell any NICKLE ALLOY jewelry due to the very fact that some people are ALLERGIC to NICKLE.

I would love to introduce you to PALLADIUM which is a member of the PLATINUM family but it's priced within the same parameter as 14kt white gold, but it's far superior to gold due to the fact PALLADIUM is 30 times as rare as gold, PALLADIUM is a "NATURALLY WHITE PRECIOUS METAL" and PALLADIUM is HYPO-ALLERGENIC.

If you'd like to contact me feel free to do so at: jamesthejeweler@yahoo.com or by phone: 404-447-5459

You may also visit my online educational jewelry blog at: