Sell My Timeshare Now / Buyer, seller beware!

In may 2006 i listed my time share for sale with "sell my timeshare now". I shopped three companies before deciding, but went with this company because of the service and advice i received during my inquiries.

They did a market analysis on my time share and told me that based on recent sales of the same or equivalent properties i should list my unit for $5, 500 i was told that this was the average sale price and it should sell quickly if i don't increase that price. I agreed to their recommendation and paid the $497 fee and listed it for $5, 500.

I received no inquiries or correspondence, so in august 2006 i contacted them again. I expressed my concern and desire to sell the time share quickly. They told me that the unit was priced fairly but if i reduced it, they would sell it quickly. I agreed to reduced the listing to $3, 500.

They insisted i would get immediate action. It is now december and i have still never received and inquiry of any kind for my unit.

This company is misrepresenting itself to customers. They talk a great game but deliver nothing. They impress you with market studies but they give you nothing in writing. All they want is your $497. 00 then they are done. They tell you what you want to hear to extort the $497 from you and then good luck.

This company is a "scam", they claim to be biggest and they deliver nothing.
Buyer, seller beware !!!

Va

Comments

• Cm
      19th of May, 2016

Ummm, there's no such website.

• Sk
      19th of May, 2016

There is and it's: http://www.dvcmagicresales.com/dvcmr/
    I copied the url directly from the website. If you can't access it you might have a spam blocker. I just went on there just now and had no problems accessing the site. You can also Google DVC Magic Resales.
    I've now sold both my Disney timeshare contracts through DVC Magic Resales (Animal Kingdom Villas and Aulani). My original comments above still stands. Everything is correct and accurate.

• Te
      5th of Oct, 2016

First, never pay an upfront fee to sell a timeshare. No legitimate company does this. I called these guys to sell my timeshare and they told me for $1499 they would do all the paperwork and that my timeshare would sell quickly. Everytime I asked the question of how much my timeshare is worth and what have timeshares similar to mind sold for and this guy would keep giving me the run around. I told him I would think about it and left it there. I received about 8 phone calls trying to convince me to sign with them. That was my final clue to know if I signed with them I would get robbed. I did my research and I know how to buy timeshares for cheap (under $2000) for prime weeks. I learned also how to rent for a profit. And now I am sell my first timeshare on my own and selling it for $1200 for what I paid. Suggestion, research, have patience, don't get greedy, and never pay upfront cost.

• Od
      5th of Feb, 2017

The reality is that most timeshares listed on SellMyTimeshareNow are worth only a fraction of the listed asking price (if you actually want to sell it). For me it isn't even the upfront fee that is the worst part of their business model, it is the fact that they aren't honest with people about what their timeshare is actually worth. Many timeshares they have listed might only sell for $1. They do have some good weeks at some resorts listed, but for $20K or $30K or even more. Those weeks might actually sell (or at least get offers) between $5K - $12K, but they will never sell at $20K or $30K or $40K. Maybe the owners are partially at fault here too, because most of them are trying to get back out the price they originally paid a developer for their timeshare and can't handle the fact that money is lost and gone forever.

• Ol
      22nd of Feb, 2018

Sell my timeshare now is not what they seem. They tell you they are a marketing company. They put an ad on a web site that only people desperate to sell their timeshares go to. We fell for it. We are an older couple and feel we were scammed. They charged us over $3000 to put our timeshares on a website that is really not a marketing tool. The representative called us and told us actual prices what our timeshares would sell for. We were excited when he gave us numbers to use in the ad. It was a dream that we could recoup anything. He said "Let me give you prices that these timeshares are currently selling for...". There is no way you can contact them. I have tried to cancel these last three months. One of their representatives called us yesterday and they are not willing to work with you. My husband and I just sat last night and cried. We thought people were honest and not going to take advantage of elderly by their smooth tactics. We were fools. $3000 out of our budget really took a toll on us. Their phone call was harassing and insulting.