Securitas / poor benefits

FL, United States Review updated:

Don't work for this company if you want good benefits or decent pay...If you get a 32, 000 dollar Hospital bill you have to pay 20 percent of that...And there dental is very poor...And there pay is poor...Is this what the Country means when it talks about jobs...All the good paying jobs went to China...A friend of mine moved to Europe and is doing much better over there...Pay is much better and benefits are great not like in the USA...I will be moving there after my Mom passes...I tell you what there are no good jobs anymore out there and Living in Florida is the worst they treat workers like crap here...No thanks...Can't wait to leave...

Comments

15th of Oct, 2008
    Securitas - lousy healthcare coverage
    Securitas
    Swartz Creek
    Michigan

Health coverage from employer is only good if you have no illnesses or injuries. I hear Securitas owns the company that is providing the health insurance for some of the employees. If so, they should be able to do better for thier people.

• Lo
      13th of Jun, 2010
    Securitas - violation of cofidential information
    D.C Public Schools
    Thomson Elementary School
    District of Columbia

I am a teacher at Thomson Elementary School, District of Columbia Public Schools. I had a Protective order at the school.A security guard, named Sunceray Kelly violated this confidential information by telling another staff member at our school.When I found out about it I told the Principal, Dr.Gladys Camp .
    I requested a meeting with the security guard, my Principal and the Captain of the security guard.The security guard gave information that endangered my life when the person on the protective order came into the building two times this school year.She also told another staff member in the building and admits telling her information about us going to court and things pertaining to this protective order that had nothing to do with this other staff member.I never met the captain face to face.We did a phone conference with her because she kept making herself unavailable to meet .At the meeting I was told to sweep everything under the rug and forget about it.The security guard and the cafeteria worker who she told lied to cover her.This security guard should have been fired!
    The captain (Johnson) could not answer even the simplest questions that I asked her as to What are the policies regarding the safeguarding of confidential information such as protective orders.She didn't know anything about what training the company offered for security guards or anything about discipline procedures of the security guards.How can she be in a position to supervise ? For all I know this might not have really been her Captain, it could have been her friend or relative.However, I was told to just let it go, forget about it but I can't and I won't until I know that this guard receives the discipline that she deserves!
    This behavior is unprofessional! It is unacceptable ! This is not high quality! It is the complete opposite.I want this further investigated.
    Beverly Carson

• Wi
      13th of Feb, 2011

In my opinion, since we all are human being, you're responsible for your own action, and is the security guard responsibilities to protecting you from that bomb. Understand Human Psychology is an option...

• Bl
      30th of Mar, 2012

I'm currently a secuit officer for this company. Being a security officer w are not supposed to disclose informatin about these things what this officer did was wrong and unethical and its not her place to disclose this information. we are not supposed to disclose personal info about clients employees. I believe thhis oficer shuld be punshed. Sincerely flex officer Patt.