[Resolved] Sears Craftsmanzero turn mower

I have had my mower for one whole year and have only been able to use it ten times due to it being a total lemon! On delivery day (August 09) the battery was dead and so the drivers had to jump start it with my truck, when I went to use it a week later it wouldn't start so I called the store where I purchased it to be told I would have to get a service call (note the blades hadn't even touched the grass yet), I went into the store and persueded the manager to get someone from the store to come out, OK so new battery installed. In May I had to get a service call as the battery was dead again! only to find out that the starter and regulater were faulty, waited a week for the parts to arrive and have them fitted. Here we are in August and the lawnmower doesn't work again! this time the engine keeps flooding, when I called the service dept I was asked if I had checked the spark plug, had fresh gas and the oil was good, all had been checked and a call was booked for two weeks later only to get a call on the service day ten minutes before they were due to say they couldn't make it and I needed to reschedule, I have just come from the store were I purchased the mower and was told that an engineer needs to come out four times before I can get a replacement lawnmower! good job I purchased the extended warranty even though it has a two year repair or replace. I will never again purchase anything from Sears the customer service is terrible and so are the products they sell.

• Resolution statement

• Kenmore Customer Care's Response, Sep 21, 2010

Dear Lousy service and product,

Please accept my apology for my tardy response to your post. I was saddened to hear of the problems your new Craftsman mower has given you in the year you've had it. It definitely is not normal for a new tractor/mower to have the reoccurring problems such as yours. I'm also truly sorry for the scheduling and service issues you've encountered. We do our best to honor and maintain our service appointment schedule, but cannot leave a service call in the middle of repair to make the next appointment. We would not do that to you or any of our customers. I'm Scott with Sears Cares Escalations; we'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the mower was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Lousy service and product) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Scott J.