Schwan's Food Company / Illegal pay practices/Slave labor
I was hired in April 09 as a Customer Service Manager Trainee at $32, 000 per year salary. The Customer Service Managers make a Salary of $38, 000 per Year. Everyone is told that they are Salary employees and need to work 12-14 hours per day 5 or 6 days a week to meet their sales goal. Whatever it takes, do it as you are a Salaried manager.
Well in June I suffered heat exaustion while working and took off two days per doctors instructions. Schwans DID NOT pay me for those two days. I called their payroll department and told them that I was a Salary employee and as such should be paid my weekly rate per the U.S. government guidelines for a salary position. The payroll clerk Theresa told me well we pay you guy's by the day, if you don't work five days in the week you only get paid for what you work. I have taken this up with the Depot Management only to get the runaround for the past 3 weeks.
Also I asked the payroll clerk if the pay for the 6th day if you do work 6 days and I was told No, only five days a week.
This company is using the "cover" of Salary to demand their employees work 60-70 hours per week for a small weekly paycheck for their benefit but "Dock" employees if they don't work due to illness. Pretty lowlife type of business Schwans seems to have here.
I have filed a complaint with the U.S. Labor board and will be meeting with a representative in Phoenix this week. They agree that it looks like Schwans is not using the salary position as the U.S. Labor board has set forth. I am not doing this for myself as I am leaving this horid company but for the friends I have left behind that have no choice but to put up with this poor treatment by Schwans of their employees, the true ones that make the company money!
More Schwan's Food Company Complaints & Reviews
- Schwan's Home Service - Life As A Route Sales Manager (CSM) 
- The Schwan Food Company - Deceptive Hiring Practices 
- Schwans - Scam and cheating 
- Schwan's Home Service - Terrible experience 
- Schwans - Run as fast as you can 
- Schwan's Home Service - service
- Schwan's Home Service - home delivery service
- Schwan's Home Service - no reply regarding complaint about your rude customer service rep
- Schwan's Home Service - peppermint ice cream
- Schwan's - chicken alfredo