SBI / loan excess fee charges

1 India Review updated:

Hi Sir,
This is with regards to my father’s SBI loan, My father had taken computer loan through your bank for 84 months when he was working for BHEL, the loan account no is [protected].Last week we got a letter stating that we have outstanding in the loan, but when I enquired the same with my father’s company (BHEL) through which the loan EMI was deducted every month from salary they say the same is completed, further this my father went to enquire the same in State Bank Of India Tiruchirapalli Branch (SBIN0000930), there the Branch manager says it’s a delay in money transfer between SBI branches i.e. from State Bank Of India Heavy Elec Kailasapuram Branch (My father’s home branch) to State Bank Of India Tiruchirapalli Branch and they have charged a cumulative late fee & interest on late fee at 17% which is the current rate.Every month EMI gets debited on 1st from my dad’s salary and then the debited amount was transferred to main branch on 10th, now the bank is charging late fee for the difference ten days. My question is why should the customer get effected because of all the delay & goof-up’s b/w SBI branches and why there is huge delay in transaction between branches in the same city.
The most irritating part in the tale is they (SBI) have withdrawn 10k from my father’s SBI account ([protected]) without any intimation.
I want a proper explanation as to why money from our account was debited without any prior intimation and why should customer get penalizes for banks delay and how can branch staff show such cold and shut-door response to customer especially when there was no mistake of customer.
I would request you to kindly investigate the matter at your level and do get back to us with a favorable revert.
Do respond to me at the earliest, failing which I would be approaching the bank nodal officer Mr. T.SIVADAS and Banking Ombudsman for SBI Shri S.Gopalakrishnan

Banking details:
Loan A/c no: [protected]
SBI account no: [protected]

Gi

Comments

• Do
      23rd of May, 2011

Quite unacceptable service!

• Gi
      23rd of May, 2011

ya, but i dont know how to escalate to the next level, pls help if u know escalation matrix