SB fun family rewards / Credit Card Charge

1 Wilson, NC, United States Review updated:

I found a charge on my credit card from SB *FUN FAMILY REWARDS [protected] TX $ 9.95 . I did not approve this charge. This company supposedly represents J.C. Penny and got my credit card number from an on-line catalog order I had made with J.C. Penny and then canceled. I was told by the representative from SB Fun Rewards that I had checked a box on the catalog order that allowed them to charge me. Which I doubt very much that I did. And even though the actual catalog order was canceled, the only way to cancel SB Fun Rewards was to call them directly. I have told them to immediately cease charging my credit card and called my credit card company and informed them of this situation.

Credit Card users beware, check every detail of your atatements. There are alot of shady companies out there.

Comments

• De
      25th of Jul, 2008

unauthorized charges...

24th of Aug, 2008

I also got the same unauthorized transaction in my credit card's account.

25th of Aug, 2008

I want this charge stopped and stopped now. I did not authorize this and I needs stopped now!

26th of Aug, 2008

UNAUTHORIZE CHARGE TO MY CREDIT CARD. PLEASE STOP NOW. HOW DID YOU ALL GET MY CARD NUMBER? I WANT A REIMBURSE OF THIS CHARGE.

• La
      4th of Sep, 2008

JCPenny. Somehow when I ordered from JCPenny online they enrolled me in this stupid crap I don't need. I didn't realize until I checked my credit card statement and googled the name. I am canceling it if I can!!! ###!!

• Mi
      14th of Sep, 2008

I just now found this thing. I am writing a formal complaint I don't even know what its for if not for these complaints I would not have known JC Pennies the source. They lost my business!!!

• Do
      14th of Sep, 2008
    SB fun family rewards - Unauthorized debit
    SB Fun Family Rewards
    Texas
    Phone: 888-527-6839

An unautorized charge was made to my bank account on 09/12/08 in the amount of 9.95 bringing the account level to a .02 balance. I intend to be on the phone to my bank first thing in the morning.

• Me
      18th of Sep, 2008

At Fun Family Rewards nothing is more important than our customers’ satisfaction and our Company’s reputation. We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns. If you would like for us to research your concerns, please forward your information, such as name, address, phone number or membership number to us at custrel@aegonusa.com, by fax to 972-881-4072 or by mail to 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano TX 75075.

• Ta
      24th of Sep, 2008

I am in the same boat! I do not know how I wound up with this same debit 9.95 coming out of my account every month! I have been trying for the last 2 months to get it stopped, and they debited my account again this month!

I WANT THIS STOPPED NOW!!!

• Gh
      25th of Sep, 2008
    SB fun family rewards - Unauthorized billing
    JC Penny
    Norfolk
    Virginia

This $9.95 charge appeared on my visa bill an was was unathorized. Apparently it is in connection with JC Penny cardholder. www.funfamilyrewards.com or 1-888-527-6939

• Mi
      25th of Sep, 2008

I am on the phone with them right now. This is the second month in a row that they have taken money out of my account !

29th of Sep, 2008

Hello! I want to stop this debit(9.95) from, sb fun family rewards on my visa account NOW, on sept 30, 2008. member # 20414683004. Thanks. Mr.Vazquez, JM.

• Le
      6th of Oct, 2008

Yes i looked on my statement last week and I had the same charged of 9.95 on my statement. I know I did not sign up for anything. In the past I have orderd items online from JcPenny and they got my credit card number. I will be calling today to removed this charged and a other charges that will occur.

• Fr
      13th of Oct, 2008
    SB fun family rewards - Mis reading misintepreting service: under J.C. Penneys I thought was free
    P.O. Box 246 297 North Pleasant Street Apt. 1
    Bradford
    Vermont
    Phone: 802-222-4574

The services came as a offer when I purchased online from Penney's a jewelry item for about $40. I thought it was a service giving information online on specials, services, and was free. I did not see info about any charges.

13th of Oct, 2008

This is freakin outrageous, i ordered my fiance' a gift online and signed up to get a 10$ refund (which they didnt send me) and on my checking statement the ###s charged me 9.95$ i am done shopping with JC penny for good...

• Ed
      20th of Oct, 2008

I AM FROM MEXICO, I WANT THIS CHARGE ILEGAL STOPPED RIGHT NOW.

12th of Nov, 2008

My check card has been charged monthly every since I purchased some jewerly for a present. I not aware of how or why I am beening charged this. I have not sign up for anything a JC Pennys and actually do not shop there. You need to remove me from this Fun Family Rewards or I will have my bank put stops on any future attempts. JC Penny's needs to also reimburse me for all previous withdrawals from my account.

• Di
      17th of Nov, 2008

This $9.95 charge appeared on my master card bill an was was unathorized. 9/6/08, 9/16/08, 9/23/08 and other attempts made. i need to have my funds immediately reimbursed to me. THIS IS STEALING.

• Fo
      20th of Nov, 2008

I just called to cancel and they tried to keep me for the thier rewards and then to top that off they wanted to offer me life insurance can you believe that!! I was like no lady i don't want it...so if you want to cancel just call them at 1-888-527-6839 and give them your phone number that you put on file with JCPenny when you made your order and they will refund the current charge on you statement. I don't even remember what i did with the little membership card they sent me i thought this service was for free just comes to show all things aren't for free...they bite you in the end. I will just be more careful when i purchase online with any body...oh please don't forget to read the fine print at the bottom of the website when they make you offers...especially if they want to offer you a 10.00 rebate that ends us costingyou money.

• Fr
      22nd of Nov, 2008

I have written JC Penny's a ltter and told them I will never ever use them again for springing this scam on me. When one "signs up" for rewards you think it is free and you think it is like getting "points." I called Penny's and they just give you a phone number to SB FUN FAMILY REWARDS. It is up to you to try and cancel. I called the company and they are only open during the week so I have not been able to cancel yet. But I have disputed all charges. The real problem is J.C. PENNY. After many years of loyalty, I will not trust them again. Nor will I ever use them again. I would suggest you write Penny's an email and tell them the same.