Savon Furniture

Posted:

Everyone who is shopping for furniture to go elsewhere!

4.85
Savon Furniture
I recently purchased several pieces of furniture from Savon Furniture on Washington Blvd. in Sarasota. The gentleman who sold me the furniture, Phillip, was very friendly and helpful. However, since the purchase my experience with Savon has been akin to a very bad nightmare. This is what has taken place in the last two months:

1) When I bought the furniture in Sarasota I gave Savon my cell phone number (Ithaca, NY, which is my home). The furniture was to be delivered to my father's former home in The Meadows Community. Because he used to live there, his phone number appeared in the computer system. I provided all of my contact information but told them they could call my father since he still lives nearby in Sarasota and I live in Ithaca.

2) Savon called my father to set up a deliver date of the bedroom set, entertainment unit and corner table. The delivery was set for a specific date in May and he was given a four hour window. They arrived several hours after the four hour window.

- The bedroom set was missing the footboard so the bed could not be put together.

- The mattress was the wrong model (not the super firm that was ordered)

- The box spring was not the same model ordered

- The entertainment unit came with the central unit and two left units instead of a left and right.

- The left unit was missing a wooden shelf and a glass shelf

3) Another date was scheduled to deliver the correct right unit and the footboard.

- The footboard was delivered; however, we discovered that a label covered a huge hole in the footboard.

- When I returned from Ithaca to Sarasota for another visit I also noticed there were several scars on the entertainment unit, probably occurring during delivery.

The reason I returned to Sarasota so soon was the doctors thought my Dad had a stroke and he was in the hospital. While dealing with the stress of my father's situation, I called Savon about scheduling the delivery of the correct mattresses. I gave them my cell phone number to schedule the delivery date.

1) However, they called my father's home phone and, of course, since he was hospitalized no one was home and the delivery truck came and left a calling card.

I drove to the store and talked with Eileen at the front desk and Justin, the store manager. I explained that it had been determined my Dad had a fractured neck, not a stroke and that they needed to call my cell phone, not my father's phone. We scheduled a date for the mattress exchange.

1) A call was made to my father's phone despite the fact that I had provided

my cell phone number to Eileen and to Justin.

2) I called Justin to complain about this repeated error and asked if he could get the truck to return that day to my house. Justin said 'when no one is home, the truck cannot deliver and it was not possible.' I explained again why no one was home and asked him if I needed to pursue a legal path to get any action and he said 'if I'm going to threaten him, he'll hang up. He would not take my abuse.'

Philip, the salesman calls me to ask what happened with the mattresses. He was calling because he was not able to receive his commission until I was satisfied with my delivery of the purchases. I was very surprised about this since he had no responsibility for the delivery process yet he was in essence held responsible. I explained the sorry situation to him and he called me back that day and scheduled the delivery for the mattresses the next day. This time there was a successful delivery and the correct mattresses arrived without a problem. I also told Phillip about the missing shelves and the hole in the footboard.

My father was still in the hospital post-surgery and I went to his house to handle some matters for him. While there, I get a call from Eileen ' once again she called his phone instead of my cell phone despite the fact that she knew I was with my Dad every day, all day, in the hospital. She told me she wanted to schedule a service call to look at the footboard. When I explained the situation with my father as well as that the footboard hole was huge (and the men who delivered the mattress wrote it up as proof that the store needed to replace them) she talked with her managers and was able to schedule a delivery date. Once again she asked for my name and cell phone number (by now I had given both to her at least 5 times previously). She told me the 'headboard' would be delivered on the following Tuesday. I once again told her it was a footboard, not a headboard and that I would be back up north the following Tuesday. So, she was able to get it delivered on Thursday (this was a Tuesday).

1) On Wednesday I get a call that the service man would be there. I thought that meant the delivery, and despite the fact that my father had passed away and was to be buried on that same day I arranged for a neighbor to be available for the service person.

2) The service person arrived and asked what was needed!?! He had no idea why he was sent to the house'.

By this time I didn't care if I ever heard from Savon again. The only thing that mattered was my father and handling his affairs. On Thursday, the day of the scheduled footboard delivery there was no delivery.

I asked my sister to call because I didn't want any further communication with them---they said they didn't know anything about the delivery but Eileen would be in later that day. When my sister talked to Eileen it turned out that although Eileen scheduled the date it was impossible to keep because the delivery personnel needed a 3 day window after her call, not a 2 day window.

My sister then schedules a delivery date for June 27 when both of us have returned to our homes up north. I give the store my neighbor's phone number and tell them if they call my father's number they will reach no one as he passed away.

I called my neighbor in Sarasota today and she told me that the delivery was scheduled for between 2:00 and 6:00 on the 27th. She received a call at 9:15 p.m. from a man saying he wanted to deliver the footboard. As she was home alone and didn't trust that a delivery was taking place so late at night she told them not to deliver and she would reschedule.

I imagine that some day we will have a footboard without a hole and that shelves will eventually arrive for the entertainment unit. One guarantee I can make is that I will never purchase anything from Savon or Kane furniture again and will tell everyone I know who is shopping for furniture to go elsewhere.
Complaint comments Comments (6) Complaint country United States Complaint category Furniture

Comments

A  3rd of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
I would even deny free furniture from them, as they seem to be extremely unorganized, I made a very similar experience in Ft. Myers...
A  12th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
The deal with the cell phone number and headboard/footboard issue reminds me of the theme in Payback, where Mel Gibson is trying to get his $70, 000 back and everyone thinks he wants $130, 000. He finally says It's NOT 130, 000... you people aren't listening.

Lack of responsibility and follow up after the sale will always kill future sales.
A  2nd of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
Absolutely identical experience! After having checked with the friendly salesman that everything was in stock, I began receiving phone calls that the foodboard of one of the beds was not in stock (but will be soon!) then that the matresses were not in stock. I had people coming over and they slept on an inflatable matress borrowed from a good friend. One bed was not assembled properly and I was promised service "within a couple of days" . It's been 10 days and no service yet!
We solved the footboard/matress problem by going to the store and asking for the footboard on the expo floor (which we had to transport home with our own car) and also paying a couple of hundred $ more to switch to a matress which was in stock. When the matress finally arrived, the delivery guys were not aware that they had to assemble the bed. I can not complain, they offered to but they could not do the job because some inserts in the original headboard were missing. It took us one more trip to the store to take home now the headboard (image how we felt about doing this) and my husband ended assembling the bed. we also found that screws were missing from the handles of the dresser (which btw were fakely put in place by the first round of delivery men). my husband had to spent time in Home Depot looking for metric screws as the furniture was an european model ...
after 20 days from teh purchase I am still missing a mirror frame (delivered cracked and returned for replacement) and nobody showed up for the requested bed fix service .

My suggestion to this company is to change its salesforce compensation policy so that the sales comission is paid only after the customer signs for good reception of the merchandise.

It is also my impression that there is no interest in quality and the brand will sink as customers become aware of this. Most of furniture pieces are delivered with scratches while every salesman tries to sell you UV3 and alike furniture maintenance products on which they are highly compensated.
D  1st of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
you posted the same complaint 5 years ago? when did this actually occur and do you ever plan to let go? you even say you live in New York, but this is a Florida only company, whats the point? maybe you should consider adopting a cat if this is the best thing you have going for you.
A  2nd of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
My wife and I had the same experience from the Ft. Myers store, first off we ordered furniture, paid a deposit, then they sold our order to some one else as part of their roll over policy, unbelievable ! that is what we were told. 1. We could have paid cash in full if we had been asked to, would that have made a difference ? who knows. 2. We were then told they could not supply because the model chosen was now discontinued and to choose other options online, I complained to the Savon head office who then did supply most of our goods with the wrong mattresses for two of the beds, delivery man broke the back of the dresser, but the worst problem our padded top king mattress has permanent hollows on either side which after 4 years complaining (Tech guy has been out to assess 3 times) we are told they will not replace because it's not defective enough yet, by the way we are not overweight, so it looks like we will have to stand the cost of replacement. Do I need to say BEWARE
A  12th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
My experience with the Savon store in Port Charlotte, Fl was a night mare. First delivery they said they forgot the head board and footboard. Re scheduled for a week later. My night stands were on back order and was supposed to be delivered on August 18th. Six weeks from the time I ordered them. The 18th came and went and no night stands. Not even a call to tell me that it would be yet another two weeks. When I called to find out why I had not received them I was told two additional weeks. I decided to cancel the order which was paid for seperately @ $520.00. I was informed it would be 10 working days for the credit to be processed. Then two days later they called to tell me the refunded amount was only $330.00. Some bull about me getting an extra 20% discount on may other order which was absolutely a lie. Then when I got very angry and refused the refunded amount, the manager called me back they all of sudden had them in stock and would deliver them on Tuesday ( I talked to the manager on Fri). When they delivered them at first I didn't realize it wasn't the stands I ordered. I was just happy to have gotten them. Then I realized they gave me the one drawer night stands in stead of the three drawer stands I had ordered and paid for. Once again I was on the phone with the manager. He argued that I got what I had paid for and he would not make it right. If I wanted the three drawer night stands I would have to pay an additional $100 each. I checked their website and the price of the night stands was $249.00. I paid $242.00 because according to him they were red tag night stands. If that was the case why didn't I get to take them home the day I purchased them. Red tag items can be taken right off their floor. Anyway, I am now stuck with night stands that I didn't want. At the end of September my husband and I went to California for 2 1/2 months. Upon return Dec 10th the foot board of our newly purchased bed was riddled with termite dust. Once again we are back at Savon trying to get a resolution. They supposedly have a lifetime warranty on their furniture. They refused to take care of this. They sold us furniture with termits and they refused to make it good. My home does not have termits. We just bought it in June and had a termit inspection. The bed came with the termits. All I can say is buyers BEWARE. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM SAVON FURNITURE. YOU WILL REGRET IT. OF THAT I AM POSITIVE!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree