[Resolved] Santander Consumer USA / checking account charges

1 Philadelphia, PA, United States

To whom it may concern:

My name is Marge Taylor and i have a checking and a savings account with your bank. My main reason for this letter is the way my checking account has been handled lately. My checking account number is [protected]. When you look at these account you will see i have no money in them. I am a single mother, I live by myself, and pay well try to pay all my own bills when they are due and i owe balances on just about every bill i have. I have 3 children who try to help me as much as they can and 8 grandkids who i babysit so my kids can go to work and then my part time job with UPS where i have been working for 23 years. I am not good with words so bare with me while i try not to confuse you and hopefully make sense to what i am going to try to explain.
My dad isnt doing to well lately, well let me say he is not himself. He cant walk to good anymore he is nothing but skin and bone and it breaks my heart to see him that way as it would with anyone seeing there dad that way, anyway the thing he loves the most is his ipad and playing the games on it that's all he lives for now. My mom doesnt let him buy any coins to play the games so I wrote down my password on a paper and he keeps it inside his ipad so he can buy the coins when he needs to but he always was good with it, like i would tell him how much he could spend. Well lately he has been getting a little crazy with it and spending to much, if you look at my account you will see what i mean, i have tried cutting him off but when he sees me he looks at me and says "why did you cut me off" and he looks so sad it hurts me so i explain it to him and he tells me he will be more careful. But the last couple of months he's really been bad with it and i do not check my account everyday i will go in and check my balance and it has been good except for the last two incidences. The first one was about maybe two weeks ago he made me short of money so i got hit with 3 charges of $35.00. When i called the operator she was very nice and she waved all three charges - thank god - then during Christmas i didn't check my account at all for awhile. I was so busy with cooking the kids the grandkids i didnt even think about it. When i did go into my account after it was all over I saw all the charges - 10 $35.00 charges totaling $350.00. I mean c'mon that is outrageous i never received a phone call, a text, or an email (not that i was checking my email either) or they could of stop paying whatever was coming in. So i called the bank the morning after christmas explaining everything to the operator who was very sympathetic about my dad and the over charging and everything and the operator transferred me to a supervisor who to me was not nice about it at all. She pretty much got on the phone and just said "I can't take any charges off, it's your responsible for your own account." I was so surprised by her answer it through my off on what i was going to say. She was very cold about the fact that my dad is not quite himself and i tried to explain to her that I cut him off and he no longer has access to my account. She was pushing me to be mean and I don't like being mean andt to be honest i don't even remember what i said, but i did say i was going to close my account. The $350.00 your bank took from me is a whole paycheck. I clear a little over $350.00 a week. I am out a weeks pay. I live paycheck to paycheck. I know i was wrong for giving him the password but what would you have done. I am asking please please waive these charges if you have to charge me for a couple then fine but doing this is really hurting me financially. You can look back on my account i never have a lot of money in there not even in my savings account. I think it's terrible that your bank reacted to this the way they did. The bank should have stopped payment on everything after the first two charges. If this is the way you make your money off your customers then you should be ashamed of yourself. I had to borrow so much money from people i know to cover this problem, it's going to take me forever to pay them back. Someone has to help me I feel it was not handled correctly at all. I hope you find it in your hearts to take away all the charges. This will not happen again. Im begging you.

Marge Taylor
Marge.714@hotmail.com

• Resolution statement

• Santander Consumer USA Customer Care's Response, Jan 03, 2018

Hi there,
    We are sorry for the experience you had, and have reached out to the bank to contact you. We are Santander Consumer USA, the auto finance company. Please delete your post for security purposes as it contains confidential information.

Santander Consumer USA