Santander Consumer USA / extra auto loan fees

1 CA, United States Review updated:

A few months ago hsbc sold off all their car loans to santander consumer usa including mine. I payed off my auto loan last month. Now santander has sent me a bill for additional 562.36. When I call to ask why they could only say fees. What fees?! I was always on time with my payments so why would I have fees. They told me if I want my car note I need to pay the fees.

Ca

Comments

• Fe
      17th of Dec, 2010

they always call me 11 times a day if im a little late
    they even took my truck awaiting a differment i paid 1, 500 to get it back...no mercy at all
    rude people and injust

GOD WILL DEAL WITH THEM

• Ki
      29th of Dec, 2010

Do not just start sending them money, and don't do anything based on what you're told on the phone. You need to demand, in writing, that they provide you with a statement of account that documents the basis for the amount currently owed. Send a certified letter with proof of delivery, asking for documentation that substantiates the current balance, if it does not match with your records. When your loan is sold, they can't change the terms outlined in your original loan. They have some BAD record keeping, as I've found recently, and they will only give attention to your errors when you demand that they do so.

21st of Jan, 2011

you should have called fee recovery specialists...we can get it all back

21st of Jan, 2011

what about a nice fat class action suit against santander...rip off lets have a round or two
    on me...

31st of Mar, 2011

### HOLES ...SCAM ARTISTS...BURN IN HELL

• Do
      6th of Jan, 2012

I purchased a Kia Sportage back in 2005 and initially I was with Citifinancial. Initially my contract stated I should pay off my car in (5) years. I have been paying for (6) years now with a balance of $3500.00. They have somehow manipulated the contract from Citi and added fees or whatever. I have never been late with Citi and I have never been late with Santander. I hate the fact that your accounts can be transferred without your knowledge or agrees to it. This is really hurting my finances to be paying a (7) year contract that I did not agree to nor knew it exist.