Santander Consumer USA / late fees

1 AR, United States Review updated:

I have been dealing with this company for about three years now and will be glad when 2012 arrives. This company is very unprofessional and a scam indeed.in my experience, they will cash my money order and wait until after the due date to apply it to my account. I have incurred hundreds of dollars just in late fees. Even after I went through all the trouble to fax them a copy of the money order showing it was cashed, they still charged me late fees. I mean here I am thinking that the money order has been stolen when in reality they had it the whole time!!! That burns me up so much that im going to law school for all of us if something doesnt get done about it in the next 2 years. I am determined to get justice on these people and the uneducated representatives who deliberately decieve us consumers just to make about 8-10 dollars an hour. I wonder how long they will have on umemployment once I demolish their jobs. I mean this is crazy what you have to put up with, if I wouldve read these complaints first my daughter wouldve waited until she had her own credit score before getting this car.

Comments

• Vi
      12th of Oct, 2010

This company still abusing in american people. Now if you do not sent your payment by mail they will charge 4 15 DOLLARS procesing feet for get your payment, They are very unprofesional and I know they because I open in 2002 6 saving account on the Bank of Santander with almos half a million dollar and I still waitting for then to ask me how I got the money? Here in america their are not welcome

• La
      30th of Oct, 2010

Is there a class action lawsuit against them? I want in, they charge late fees when your not late, I asked for a report of all the money I have paid back from the day I bought my truck, including payments made to previous bank that they say my late charges start, THIS IS NOT TRUE. They sent me just what I paid them and not anything from the begining of the car loan, so they still didn't answer my question.

8th of Dec, 2010

Well don't get your hopes to high, Justice 2010, Arkansas. My original loan was bought out by Santander Consumer USA about a year ago. They are not honoring my payoff date which has come and gone. September 17, 2010 was the date 60 monthly payments but believe or not I am still paying on the car which they say the maturity of the loan will be paid as of January 2011.

They say I missed payments, accrued late charges, moved payment dates and so on. This company is fraudulent and unethical in its practice. They will not release my title until the "so called final payment." Now remember it was September 17, 2010.

I have spoken to several customer service representatives which are hateful and will not connect you to a manager or supervisor when asked. The last Representative Yasmin, said after the last payment which according to them is January 3, 2010, she told me I have to call back for payoff amount. Why? Haven't they already took me to the cleaners? I feel so stressed! I feel like I am never going to get this car paid off! My husband's income is all we have and we can barely make ends meet. I don't want to lose my car because my husband is disabled and we need transportation to get him back and forth to medical appointments.

Be careful when payoff time comes that you don't find yourself in the same predicament as we are in at present.

• Fi
      12th of Dec, 2011

every thing you guys say is the fact. we need to sue these guys and get our money back and they need to apoilage to us. Late payments, missed, payments, no payments??? cant understand what half of them are talking about, they dont have facts if they say you owe for sept, and you tell them you have a bank statment that showes you paid, they say then its augest, or some other time and date.???? We need to stand up america and fight back, I did not ask for santander to take my contract, it was through HSB, I have never filed a bankruspey on a car or never had one reposed, so why am I with Santander???? This Jhonny boy keeps saying its because of bad credit, how do you know my credit or any one else, unless you are doeing something ill legal mabey? You need to be checked out all so. Is ther a good LAWER READY TO TAKE THEM ON??????