Samsung ML-2165W Printer / samsung print will not stay continuously in online wireless operation

1 San Jose, CA, United States Review updated:

Samsung printer ml-2165w (Laser printer) will not stay continuously in online wireless operation. The printer goes to offline status although the printer indicates it is online and the network router indicates it is online. Sometimes the printer works wireless for a day or two. Once it is offline (When print is requested & ldquo;offline” is shown instead of & ldquo;ready”) getting the printer to work wirelessly generally requires complete shutdown of two computers, other printer and the wireless router. Variations of shutdowns and button pushing has caused a print to occur but no variation has resulted in repeatable success. The wireless router can be turned off and back on and all devices but the samsung printer will come back on line.

The printer was returned to samsung for repair - - no problem found. There have been two sessions with samsung remote technical support 3/19/15 and today 6/1/15. Today the tech tried five times to get the samsung printer to connect wirelessly and the message observed was & ldquo;device data error”. Seems like defective product, coverable under warranty. Samsung says I have to return for repair. First return cost me something like $18 for the box/boxing. Now waiting for a executive customer support supervisor to call me. I want replacement. I want to avoid any more time (Remote work is an work each time, my time trying to get this laser printer to work, time to get it shipped). Each time I have called samsung I get a new transaction number/ticket number and after seven or more don’t want to go through that time consuming process.

Don’t reply on samsung warranty. I question why buy extended warranty (A very high cost of insurance that products will work like that should for the limited amount of time on extended warranty) but it would have been a pleasure to know that a retailer had to pony up a new unit.

Va
Jun 1, 2015

Comments

• Mi
      4th of Jul, 2017

Agreed. This has been an issue with this printer since I purchased it. I've set it to a permanent IP address as well as have the router assign one DHCP - — doesn't make a difference, Within a day it goes offline again and requires me to completely reconfigure the driver to reconnect. It's infuriating to spend 10-20 minutes fooling around with this printer before I can actually get to the task(s) at hand I need to complete. Wished I had spent $10 more for a similar Brother model printer.