Samsung / refusal to mend a broken phone after 4 months delicate use

1 market street, chorleyChorley, England, Lancashire, United Kingdom Review updated:

I bought a samsung mobile phone from argos in dec 07, by april 08 the screen was unreadable, I hadn't dropped it, got it wet or anything, it literally went potty on its own free will. Argos sent it away saying it would take 14 working days to be mended, oh yes they then contact me after I have waited two weeks to say they would charge me & pound;74 to fix it or I could graciously accept it back unfixed! I think not! I will take it up with head office and then use my customer rights.

Al

Comments

• Em
      26th of Nov, 2009

Sorry but Argos paid to have the phone send away and checked by independent engineers and it was found to be faulty due to your negilgence ( it was not a manufactors defect). Did you leave it in a car overnight? that is a common cause of mobile phone breakdowns it even happned to myself.

The Facts are

1.The phone was misused
    2.Argos are out of pockect for engineer time and p&p costs (because the phone was not manufactor defect)
    3. You have no rights if you Miss-use the item.

Sorry but people always blame someone else.

• Em
      26th of Nov, 2009

regarding las posting argos sends to a general repair service not samsung

• Da
      15th of Feb, 2010

we had a very similar experience having bought a digital camera at argos in summer 2009 by Dec 2009 it wouldn't load photos onto our computer we tried a neighbours computer and still it wouldn't work. The result was that they passed the buck saying we would have to pay the repair costs due to the camera being disassembled by an unauthorised agent!!! Which basically is their word against yours!!! How easy to try to get away with their costs, the letter we received looked standard and is probably used regularly to see just how many gullable customers they can get away with it with!! This day and age is just fight after fight to get what you think would be a simple task done correctly!!!
    SHAME ON YOU ARGOS. Mr & Mrs McGrann Rochdale store