Samsung — samsung rv711 and samsung cashback scam
In Mid Oct 2011 I purchased a Samsung laptop RV711. Within 1 week it crashed, within the first fortnight it crashed 3 x and regularly since then. (the blue screen of death). The computer is an absolute dud, not fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act. So if you are looking for a new computer - STEER CLEAR OF SAMSUNG.
Since my contract of sale exists with the retailer - Mikro Anvika, not the manufacturer, I am pursuing a complaint with them - to date they refuse to provide me with an alternate product (I use the computer for work) while they 'inspect' this piece of junk. I just want my money back, as clearly this piece of rubbish has an integral fault, of which I made them aware early on.
More about the retailer in a separate complaint - there's more about Samsung. Beware their cashback scam. I was told I would get £50 cashback from Samsung on purchase of the laptop - but I had to claim it back from Samsung, not the retailer (I should've heard warning bells then).
I duly sent off the form to Samsung with proof of purchase within DAYS. They say you'll get the cash back in 30 days. By end December 11 (over 2 months later) I 'd heard nothing from Samsung, so wrote requesting my cashback.
To date i've heard nothing. Avoid Samsung like the plague.
More Samsung Complaints & Reviews
- Samsung - refrigerator - I am totally unsatisfied with samsung! 
- Samsung Uk Promo - scam mail! 
- Samsung - customer service 
- Samsung India Software Operations - employees harassment from siso md. 
- Samsung - unbelievably bad customer service! 
- Samsung Mobile Gt-s3770 - replacement
- Samsung - samsung galaxy grand prime
- Samsung - fraudulent business practices 
- Samsung TV - 55 inch smart tv - ua55hu7000r
- Samsung - note 5