Samsungsamsung rv711 and samsung cashback scam

In Mid Oct 2011 I purchased a Samsung laptop RV711. Within 1 week it crashed, within the first fortnight it crashed 3 x and regularly since then. (the blue screen of death). The computer is an absolute dud, not fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act. So if you are looking for a new computer - STEER CLEAR OF SAMSUNG.

Since my contract of sale exists with the retailer - Mikro Anvika, not the manufacturer, I am pursuing a complaint with them - to date they refuse to provide me with an alternate product (I use the computer for work) while they 'inspect' this piece of junk. I just want my money back, as clearly this piece of rubbish has an integral fault, of which I made them aware early on.

More about the retailer in a separate complaint - there's more about Samsung. Beware their cashback scam. I was told I would get £50 cashback from Samsung on purchase of the laptop - but I had to claim it back from Samsung, not the retailer (I should've heard warning bells then).

I duly sent off the form to Samsung with proof of purchase within DAYS. They say you'll get the cash back in 30 days. By end December 11 (over 2 months later) I 'd heard nothing from Samsung, so wrote requesting my cashback.
To date i've heard nothing. Avoid Samsung like the plague.

Comments

• Se
      Jan 10, 2013

Cashback - an absolute scam. No response to phonecalls or e-mails. Shame on Samsung, I just hope that nothing goes wrong with the actual TV or tablets that I bought as I don't imagine their customer service department would be that helpful. Do thye even have a customer service department ??

• De
      Feb 04, 2013

was promised cashback after 30 days should have got my money end of january i contacted samsung they said another 30 days never again will i purchase samung goods
    pure con two get you two buy not happy whith tablet either

Feb 23, 2013

Galaxy cashback- Waited 30 days for cashback and no response. I then emailed them and got a reply finding fault with me for not submitting documents they had requested! when I emailed them back saying that I had not recieved any such mail and I wish to make a complaint, they turn back and say that the cashback would be sent in 30 days.. Still waiting! Will definitely avoid these cashback delas from samsung in future and their products as well.