Salvation Army / salvation army pick up services is worst in the world

United States Review updated:

Salvation Army scheduled me for pick up my old clothese, shoes and etc. Ticket #1028247, no one came, and no reason. Called again Salvation Army scheduled another appointment to pickup on 7/9/2011 Ticket #1058561, no one came. Salvation Army Dispatcher scheduled a third appointment on 7/30/2011 Ticket #1153150, no one came and no reason. I tried to call them more than ten times; and called the input coordinator, no response.
I trust Salvation Army and believed the first two appointment were missed may be caused by some reasons. They didn't show up in the third appointment and never return my call. If Salvation Army cannot pick up, please don't schedule an appointment. Salvation Army ruin my three full days in the weekend especially during I am griefing for my husband.
I lost the confidence with Salvation Army.

Po

Comments

• Sp
      Aug 01, 2011

They are already doing a great community service with less rewards and appreciation. Compared to businesses which overcharge for services without proper delivery, Salvation Army being a non profit organization stands much taller than the rest.
    It will be far better if you can have the courtesy to play your part for charity by bringing all your unwanted stuff to them than 'summoning' them to your pAlace.
    Don't just complain. Support those who are helping the poor ; if not dont hinder.

• Be
      Jan 16, 2012

I have the same complaint. Salvation Army scheduled a pick up and I took the day off. I called several times during the day and was told they were coming. At the end of the day I called again and was told truck had a flat tire but they never would have told me unless I called. They said I would get priority for early pick up on another day which was a holiday. I stayed in the entire day and called several times and was told one excuse after another. Again, no pickup. This was painful to me because the pick up was for my recently deceased brother's household items. They wouldn't take furniture either, just clothing, bedding, etc. which I find odd. I guess what does it matter because they didn't pick up anything. I am amazed at the total disrespect and disregard for people trying to pass along useful items. I will never again contribute to Salvation Army and will discourage others from doing so. Why say you have the service if you don't.

• Ay
      Apr 04, 2012

I also took the day off for a Salvation Army pickup. I waited in front of my apartmnet complex for the designated 3 hour period to make sure they'd have no trouble getting in. When they didn't show up, I called about it. Shortly after, some guy leaves a message on my phone machine that it didn't look as if anyone was home (huh?) so I should call again for another pickup day. I think some of SA's drivers play games with the public. If we could lift the furniture and take it to the SA store, we would. We only want to help some people with goods we no longer need.

• Br
      Jul 14, 2012

I experienced the same problem with pick up as well. At the end of the first day, I got a phone call that the truck was full and they will schedule me for priority pick up. I was annoyed but rescheduled for later in the week. On the morning of pick up, I get a call that the driver called out sick, two other trucks had flats and that I should allow them to reschedule pick up for the next day. As I cannot wait around for them, I left the items outside and they did pick it up on the third try. I understand they are non profit, but they should also understand that people have lives as well and cannot simply take days off to wait around for them and then have them not show up. Needless to say, in the future, there will be no further donation from me to the salvation army.

• Wi
      Sep 15, 2012

They scheduled to pick up my furniture 2 weeks from when I called. On the day of pick up noone showed up in the agreed on 8-3 time window. At 3:30 I get a call that they aren't coming and could reschedule pick up in 5 days. No apology. The dude on the phone just went silent when I told him I lost the day. I hung up, threw the furniture away. Never dealt with these humps before, never will again. Now I know their holiday bells are just a cheap gimmick.

• Su
      Jan 07, 2019

I too took the day off for salvation army to pickup the items I have scheduled over two weeks ago. I was told by Ben that he needed his driver back at 4pm. And is the reason why they couldn't pickup the items as scheduled. Then he proceeded to tell me to drop off the items at the nearest store. First, I just don't understand why Salvation army would schedule a pickup between 3:30pm to 6pm when they need their driver back at 4pm. Second, the items are too heavy for me to drop off. I am very disappointed with the San Francisco Bay Area Salvation Army pickup truck donation team.