Salute Credit Card / BILLING ERRORS

United States Review updated:

First mid Oct. they provided the incorrect return slip/envelope for payment and sent me a letter stating so and called and if returned to forward in regular envelope which is what I did then they charged me all kinds of late fees and revoked my charging priveleges. So as soon as I got the notice of the revoke, I called and they reversed all the charges/reinstated my privelages. Just checked my credit report and they did report it as negative and they had promised that it was not reported. So now it took my score down and I am not happy. Then get charged for the annual fee and find out via very very vague letter that they discontinued the program and no longer in business when I called that is what I was told and no annual fee reimbursement will be made to me. NEVER AGAIN WILL I DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!

Comments

Tr
  21st of Nov, 2008
Seriously! They stopped my automatic payment deduction and I didn't know it, so my payment wasn't deducted on my due date and then I got charged Astronaumical Fees and they don't want to reinburse me!! I think it's just a way of getting a little bit of extra money out of people before they go out of business. Then, instead of deducting 29.00 minimum payment they deducted 89.00. So it made my personal checking account off kilter. I HATE this company and what they have put me through. UNBELIEVABLE!! We should all take them to court. See what the court has to say. Here I am thinking I'm the only one going through this!!
Za
  29th of Nov, 2008
Salute double charged me one month and reversed the charges after about 5 letters from me complaining, and then closed my account.
I still owe them money and am considering not paying it! If they are going out of business they should sent a notice to their customers!
Ra
  9th of Mar, 2009
I agree with all the complaints. I was somewhat screwed by this company, too; but instead I done a little screwing myself and got away with it.