Sallie Mae / GOT FIRED FOR NOT HITTING GOAL

1 NV, United States Review updated:

I WAS JUST FIRED FROM SALLIE MAE FOR NOT HITTING MY GOAL FOR 4 MONTHS. SALLIEMAE WAS A GREAT JOB FOR THE FIRST FEW YEARS...THEN SCOTT DEWITT TOOK OVER THE COMPANY AND IT HAS BEEN GOING DO THE TOILET EVER SINCE. THIS MAN IS A RELATIVE OF THE DEVIL. HE'S NEVER NICE TO THE EMPLOYEES...HE YELLED, LOOKED CRAZY, AND SAID VERY RUDE THINGS TO THE STAFF ALL DAY. THEN ON TOP OF THAT, SCOTT WOULD LOOK AT ALL THE WOMENS ### ALL DAY, AND IF HE THOUGHT YOU WERE CUTE HE WASN'T MEAN TO THEM...OH YEAH, AND IF YOU WERE IN THE MILITARY HE WAS COOL WITH YOU. HE MADE LIVES FOR THE EMPLOYEES AT SALLIEMAE VERY BAD. I GOT FIRED BECAUSE THERE IS A RECESSION, AND PEOPLE ARE UNEMPLOYED AND THEY CAN'T PAY...SO, I'M BEING HELD RESPONSIBLE AS WELL AS OTHERS BECAUSE THE ECONOMY IS BAD AND PEOPLE CAN'T PAY THERE (OVER PRICED) STUDENT LOANS. MANAGEMENT OTHER THEN SCOTT WERE EITHER LAZY OR THEY WERE SMART ### TO THE BORROWERS. I'M NOT SAD THAT I NO LONGER WORKING FOR SALLIE MAE, BECAUSE THESE PEOPLE A CRAZY, PLUS I WASN'T THE ONLY PERSON WHO GOT FIRED AND I WONT BE THE LAST. BUT, WHY KEEP HIRING PEOPLE THAT CAN'T HIT THEIR GOAL OF 1.3 MILLION DOLLARS...MEANING I HAD TO COLLECT 1.3 MILLION DOLLARS IN ACCOUNTS. SALLIE MAE IS STUPID AND I DO FEEL SORRY FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO JOB TO PAY THEIR LOANS BACK AND HAVE TO LISTEN TO ALL THE MESSEGES I HAD TO LEAVE. THAT PLACE ISN'T GOOD FOR BUSINESS. THE ONLY PEOPLE AT SALLIEMAE THAT DO HIT GOAL...(THEY ALL CHEAT). THEY LEAVE MESSEGES WITH THIRD PARTY INFO ON THEM. LIKE "THIS MESSEGE IS FOR JOHN'S MOM, KATHY I'M CALLING TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOUR SON'S STUDENT LOAN WITH SALLIE MAE IS ABOUT TO DEFAULT, PLEASE LET JOHN KNOW THAT WE HAVE OPTIONS TO HELP HIM WITH HIS LOANS". THIS MESSEGE IS AGAINST THE LAW!!! BUT SALLIEMAE DOESN'T WORRY ABOUT CATCHING THE CHEATERS BECAUSE THEY COLLECT LOTS OF MONEY EVERY MONTH. WHICH MAKES THEM HAVE AN EXCELLENT BONUS WHICH GIVES THE SUPERVISORS AND SCOTT DEWITT A FAT BONUS...JUST THOUGHT I'D CLEAR THE AIR AND GET SALLIEMAE FROM MY THOUGHTS. I'M SO TIRED OF SALLIEMAE TELLING COLLEGES KIDS TO SIGN UP FOR A $50, 000 LOAN, THEN THEY TELL THEM THEIR PAYMENTS WILL ONLY BE $50 PER MONTH AND I KNOW THIS IS TRUE BECAUSE I'VE ALWAYS HAD ATLEAST 1 SALLIEMAE BORROWER CALL AND COMPLAIN ABOUT IT!

Comments

• Ki
      2nd of Apr, 2009

So tell me something April... Do they have a trainging course in teaching the employees how to be ###s? Do they tell the employees that is a free-for-all, in speaking to the debtors in any fashion they chose. If I wanted to file a complaint against the reps, who would you suggest that I go to in/outside of Sallie Mae. Glad you got outta hell.

• Fi
      27th of Apr, 2009

I owe Sallie Mae $44, 895. I will be glad when I can pay them off and get them out of my life!!!

College is somewhat a rip-off. I picked a major in the IT field, which is a pretty good industry. Since I have left college, the highest paying job that I have held paid $31, 231 but I owe $44, 895. I will be eating beans and rice, rice and beans for a longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg time to get that paid off. I will not set foot into a school again for another degree unless the tuition is being paid in cash.

Degrees do not make you rich, but BROKE, depending on what field you are going into.

• Go
      14th of May, 2009

????

• Go
      14th of May, 2009

I've been working in the hell hole for a minute and "April" is right... Scott Dewitt is a true ###. He does not care about the employees he only cares about his money. There are many managers there and yep most of them are lazy but the one that was ok - he fired her too and that was stupid because that manager did at least take sup calls and even make calls. If it wasnt for the job market most of us would be gone already. Everyday it's a struggle to get up and go hell . It's always dark in there and if ain't cold its hot. That's how its been since Scott Dewitt took over Hell. Now he has a flunky Ryan Dement. He does everything Scott tells him. As a SCM he supposed to be running the floor but he don't he sits in his office and runs behind Scott all day long. You wonder why we are rude to the customers? Because we get disrespected by Scott and his flunky. And Sallie Mae is looking for a handout from the government? That's funny. If they really want it they would get rid of both Scott and Ryan and change things here. But then again we won't be here for long because if Scott stays and keep runnin things like he do then they will shut us down anyway. Oh one more thing. "April" was right about something else. Scott does look at assess but his flunky looks at tits all day. If you got either one of them then you don't have to worry about getting fired. But until my time is up just like everybody else i'll just get my paycheck on go thru the motions.

• Un
      18th of May, 2009

In reguards to the first comment "I got fired for not hitting my goal". Are u serious? Get a life! Its a collection job not customer service! What collection can u work at and not hit your goal! I don't understand you people! If u don't like working there then go somewhere else. Las Vegas is full of collection jobs. Personaly I haven't had a problem with either Scott or Ryan. I love working there! Majority of the employee there are not there to collect. They are there to act they are in high school. If you just go work mind your business and do your job Sallie Mae is a very good employer. Who gives a ### if Scott n Ryan are lookin at ### n tits all day as long as u get ur paycheck every 2 weeks that's all that matters. Scott is a director and does his job well if you ask me you guys are really pathetic and need to grow up. Like I said if you don't like why do you continue to work there it just dosent make sence. Everyone is waisting there time reading and commenting about this. I felt I had to speak the truth. As far as the manager that was let go didn't she bring her kid to work? Allowed another collector whike on the clock to go drop him off? She deserve to go. She didn't take her job serous. Like I said I love sallie mae and can see myself there until the wheels fall off. You guys really need to grow up n get a life. Everyone that is complaining are probly on the verge of being fired or have all ready been fired. Like I said collection just isn't for everybody.

• Ne
      19th of May, 2009

2 employees get caut falsiffing documantatn... only 1 gets fired, the other one is stil thier cuz she hits goal every month... its real, people

• Ke
      19th of May, 2009

You can always go to the labor board and file a complaint against the employer, and you might include that you felt like you were being sexually harrassed by this guy. Good luck.

• Si
      20th of May, 2009

I also work there and can agree with needdamoney, Gointhrudamotions and April. I'm not sure what world Unknown is living in. With this economy unless somebody has a job lined up or no kids depending on them nobody is walking away from a job. So lets get real!! Honestly reading Unknowns post I doubt its a rep, sounds more like upper management. Nice try with the sprinkling of curse words and bad spelling. But I'm sure anyone from SLMA would know a rep didn't post that. Mostly everybody in that building hates Scott Dewitt and or Ryan. I myself have never witnessed the ### or tit watching but I hear from folks in the building they do.

I left HS behind many many years ago. I come to work and try to hit goal each and every month. I have no control of this economy (thanks Bush) and the fact that most of the folks are not working or their hours are cut. I can't blame someone who doesn't want to take food off the table for their family to pay a student loan. This is how ###ed up this place and SCOTT DEWITT IS: Some of the people that got fired recently had been working there for 2 or 3 years and making goal the whole time. Not only do you not get a bonus check, you get put on a verbal and you are in jeopardy of your base pay going down. Second month you don't hit goal you also don't bonus and are put on a written. If you hit goal the next 2 months at 100% your pay still goes down. You can only miss 1 time in a 4 month period. As for Scott's performance as a director he sucks! He talks soo nasty and rude to everyone. He is a little short man with a complex. He wields his power and ego like a sword at work I assume because he probably wears panties & apron at home. The whole place is unprofessional from Scott down to HR. HR sends out rude ### emails about etiquette and they don't know even know the first meaning of the word. They were overheard in the bathroom making fun of a girl that was crying because her pay went down!! One of them said she was crying crocodile tears. Tears wouldn't keep her pay from going down so why the hell would someone fake that????

Reps send emails to Ryan about cheating that goes on and nothing is done. To think your parents told you growing up cheaters never win, but thats not true at Sallie Mae!! Cheaters win and can take home big bonus checks. And for the record I'm not on the verge of being fired.

• Me
      30th of Jun, 2010

1-877-770-4157

Direct non Indian line to the [censor]ers at sallie mae. Call and harass, call and [censor], call every 5 minutes if you can and waste their time which means waste their money.

Don’t give out your soc # or name, as they will ask. Just call and calm as possible, let them know what [censor]ers they are or work for. When they hang up, call again and do the same thing. It won’t knock out you debt, but it feels [censor]ing good

• Ve
      31st of Aug, 2010

I am so glad I don't have a student loan with Sallie Mae. LOL-@Scott Dewitt and Ryan Dement. They sound like real [censor]s. This is public posting so I wonder if they'll ever have a job again? LOL! If they were real tyrants then serves them good. The whole world now knows how they are. I guess nobody ever told them...treat people the way you want to be treated. Effing LOSERS!!!

28th of Dec, 2010

It's unbelievable that collection agents from Sallie Mae want us to feel sorry for them. There are hundreds of complaints online about Sallie Mae harassing people when nothing is due or even after they have paid their bills, and the BBB has an average of 500 complaints for Sallie Mae a year, most unresolved. The economy in the U.S. is tanking in large part because of predatory lending practices and outsourcing jobs to other countries, both of which Sallie Mae has in spades. Anyone who works for them is part of the problem. And let's be honest here: Sallie Mae is running a scam. They give premiums to school officials so that schools will push their students to get a loan through Sallie Mae. (And they are somehow ignored by the government despite complaints. One can only imagine how or why this happens.) Once you get a loan, they fudge dates to make payments late and charge fees, they lose payments by misapplying them and won't fix the error (and still charge you fees for their error), they try to get you to pay multiple times, they harass until you send them money even if you don't owe it, etc. Is it really a surprise to the employees there that their managers treat them like crap? They treat the customers like crap, deliberately, and you collection agents go along with it willingly because you'd essentially sell your soul for a job. As far as I'm concerned, a Sallie Mae collection agent has no business being surprised when they're treated poorly and unfairly.