Sahalie / rewards membership scam

CA, United States Review updated:
Sahalie catalog is CHARGING for their rewards membership...I placed an order with them, and don't even recall authorizing a charge for a rewards program. I then got a rewards catalog in the mail - the catalog has the membership rules in it (once you get to page 51), but I haven't yet found where they disclose the charges. When I called to inquire and get a refund, the customer service at Sahalie Rewards, Kimberly, was rude and defensive. She said I authorized the charge when I placed my order. I think this is very sneaky and fraudulent. I was never told I was going to be charged a MONTHLY fee for some rewards program. I have many, many rewards memberships...not one have I ever had to pay for.

Comments

Su
  4th of Nov, 2008
Call the toll free number listed on your credit card and ask for a refund.

This is a slimy business practice. Basically, after you place your order, there is a form that you can fill out to save 20% off of future orders. I have only a vague recollection of the form, and I don't want to go buy another item from Sahalie to see exactly what it says, but I suspect that it pre-fills out the form with info you've already entered, and then you inadvertently click ok, and there you go...you're in for $14.95/month.

The "rewards company" obviously knows it's a scam because they willingly refund the charges without a fight.

I am *disgusted* that Sahalie partnered with such a company. I would expect it from a shady company, but this company tries so hard to be cool, green, and hip, and of course being from Portland is so trendy. Just goes to show you that they're just like the ### on Wall Street, out to make a buck at an unsuspecting, hard-working consumer's expense.

I'll never purchase anything from Sahalie again!
Ea
  3rd of Dec, 2008
SHAME on Sahalie for partnering with a Rewards company that is really a SCAM! I joined their Rewards program thinking it was a ONE-TIME charge. How wrong I was! For the last 5 months I have been charged $29.90 a month for the program.
As a customer I trusted Sahalie, thinking their program was a true Rewards program. I'm a rewards customer with Staples and they haven't screwed me. I'm a Rewards customer with Target and they haven't screwed me. I think I'm a Rewards customer with AMEX and they aren't double billing me for absolutely nothing!

I hope enough of Sahalie's customers NEVER purchase another item from them again. My $160 purchase has turned into a $300 purchase. So where is my REWARD????? Keep relying on the fine print, Sahalie. How does the Attorney General of Oregon feel about this?
Do
  30th of Dec, 2008
I too have had this happen to me. My credit card has been charged $14.95 for 6 months before I realized what was going on. This is just wrong. Poor practice and with difficult times in this economy makes it even more WRONG!!!

I too say SHAME ON Sahalie, my use to be favorite company to buy from!!!

I did call the phone number on my credit card statement to investigate and they did finally after much discussion say that they will refund the total amount to my card. This still remains to be seen.
Re
  31st of Jul, 2009
I too will never order from them again. I have spoke to encore in the past letting them know I didn't pay or sign up for a membership. They were very rude. So now if anyone partners with encore I just won't order from them.

What a scam... shame on these companies trying to make a couple extra bucks. THEY ARE OVER PRICED ANYWAY...!!1
Bn
  27th of Aug, 2009
Again, I am another who never noticed the rewards scam until it was on my credit card bill for 6 months. I will never, never, order anything from Sahalie again. It is fraud. Should we start a class action suit. Any attorneys out there?

Bern
Te
  22nd of Feb, 2010
I too was scammed by SAHALIE - I purchased 2 gifts in december and NEVER authorized any Membership Service. In January my credit card was charged $14.95. The charge reappeared on the February billing. My card company has issued a credit for the charges. However, this appears to be a SCAM and I do believe this is fradulent behavior. NO company should be able to just pass your credit card # to another company. Given the amount of time and effort involved - should anyone be interested in starting a class action suit - I would join. For now - I will NOT do busines with SAHALIE or any company that I find is associated with this Membership Service FRAUD.

Sahalie Logo Sahalie