SABC / TV Licences — tv license - accidentally paid too much via eft
On the 4th of January 2017 I accidentally paid a portion of my son's school fees to SABC TV Licences, I selected the wrong beneficiary in internet banking. The figure paid was R1450, and I need back the balance of R1185 after deducting the R265 for the 2017 TV license.
I've called the helpline and was told to email my issue to tvlic.[protected]@sabc.co.za with proof of payment, TV License number and bank details and the issue would go through to the finance department to be sorted out - I've now emailed 17 times over the past 2 weeks and have yet to receive a response or even an acknowledgement.
The fact that the SABC can makes threats to me to pay my TV license even before it's overdue, when I'm sure I'm in the minority as a payer, and then ignore me when they owe me money really makes me mad. If I don't get the money reimbursed in the next week I'm going to explore other ways to get it back.
More SABC / TV Licences Complaints & Reviews
- Sabc 2 - sabc2 cancelled naruto 
- SABC TV - legal action for tv license 
- VVM Attorneys % SABC - sabc tv license 
- SABC VVM Attorneys - unwilling to close tv licence 
- SABC / TV Licences - tv license fee for a pensioner / concession application
- SABC - scheduling
- SABC / TV Licences - tv licence paid monthly not accepted by tv retailers
- SABC / TV Licences - hassled by mbd staff who just hang up on me!! refuse to give me details!!
- SABC - old and repeat programmes & not up to date sports 
- SABC / TV Licences - tv license penalties