SABC / TV Licencestv license - accidentally paid too much via eft

On the 4th of January 2017 I accidentally paid a portion of my son's school fees to SABC TV Licences, I selected the wrong beneficiary in internet banking. The figure paid was R1450, and I need back the balance of R1185 after deducting the R265 for the 2017 TV license.

I've called the helpline and was told to email my issue to tvlic.[protected]@sabc.co.za with proof of payment, TV License number and bank details and the issue would go through to the finance department to be sorted out - I've now emailed 17 times over the past 2 weeks and have yet to receive a response or even an acknowledgement.

The fact that the SABC can makes threats to me to pay my TV license even before it's overdue, when I'm sure I'm in the minority as a payer, and then ignore me when they owe me money really makes me mad. If I don't get the money reimbursed in the next week I'm going to explore other ways to get it back.

Mi
Feb 06, 2017

Comments

• Da
      Feb 17, 2017

On the 28/10/2015 while paying my TV license my PC screen froze during payment so did not get indication payment went through. So paid again, then later found out I had paid twice. After several phone calls and Emails to SABC providing proof of payment made twice and providing details where the refund should go still no joy of a refund after months so gave up corresponding with the incompetent SABC. Now they are chasing me up for the new license payment and stating I will be fined even though again in 2017 I have indicated by Email I paid twice for the previous year!!