SAA / refund
I booked a flight online for 2 March to fly from Richards Bay to Jhb. I decided to change my flight to the 9th, so I called customer serv's on the 1st to change my booking. It came to a ridiculous amount of just over R1000.
I gave them my credit card details for payment. R91 was the fee to change my infants booking. Then I got a bank sms to notify me that R9100 was deducted from my account!
I got a call from SAA saying they mistakely deducted R9100 instead of R91!, and it will be sorted out on Mond.
Early Monday morning I also received a call from my bank asking if I did the transaction or is fraudulent. I explained what happened and they released the money back into my account.
I thought it was SAA who released the money, however the next Friday night I received an sms saying the R9100 had been taken out of my account. I called SAA on Satr morning. They said the transaction didn't take place. I had to phone my bank and confirm and I sent SAA my bank statements.
They finally agreed I was entitled to the refund. I was told that I would get my refund by the 18th. I still haven't received it! It's a lot of money and I have bills to pay!! Really pathetic for such a big company!!
More SAA Complaints & Reviews
- South African Airways - bad service 
- South African Airways - failure to reimburse for stolen goods 
- SAA - baggage broken, goods stolen 
- South African Airways - overbooked flights??!! 
- SAA - unprofessional service : cabin crew
- South African Voyager+airlines - upgrade booking + extra funds taken off
- South African Airways - booking spelling error
- South African Airways - no liability for missing goods 
- South African Airways / FlySAA.com - a ticket that has been blocked
- www.flysaa.com - unavailability of website