SAA / refund

Jhb, South Africa Review updated:

I booked a flight online for 2 March to fly from Richards Bay to Jhb. I decided to change my flight to the 9th, so I called customer serv's on the 1st to change my booking. It came to a ridiculous amount of just over R1000.

I gave them my credit card details for payment. R91 was the fee to change my infants booking. Then I got a bank sms to notify me that R9100 was deducted from my account!

I got a call from SAA saying they mistakely deducted R9100 instead of R91!, and it will be sorted out on Mond.

Early Monday morning I also received a call from my bank asking if I did the transaction or is fraudulent. I explained what happened and they released the money back into my account.

I thought it was SAA who released the money, however the next Friday night I received an sms saying the R9100 had been taken out of my account. I called SAA on Satr morning. They said the transaction didn't take place. I had to phone my bank and confirm and I sent SAA my bank statements.

They finally agreed I was entitled to the refund. I was told that I would get my refund by the 18th. I still haven't received it! It's a lot of money and I have bills to pay!! Really pathetic for such a big company!!

Rn
Apr 01, 2015

Comments

• Mi
      Sep 16, 2010
    SAA - SAA Voyager a rip-off
    SAA
    flysaa.com

Making a booking with my SAA Voyager miles was difficult enough and then was astounded with the airport taxes of R350 one way the same price as Mango tickets. How can they call it Airport taxes if it differs from company to company(Nice way of including the fine print).

• Mi
      Oct 05, 2010
    SAA - The miles have not yet been allocated
    SAA
    flysaa.com

I flew overseas with a Star Alliance airline in August. The miles have not yet been allocated. My Voyager No was on all the tickets booked. Now I have to submit the boarding passes by registered mail to get the miles allocated. What is the point of having your Voyager No on the tickets if nothing is going to be done with it? Can I take these tickets in somewhere because the next thing you know the registered mail will not get there?!!

• Aa
      Mar 25, 2015
    SAA - typo error on ticket
    south african airways
    durban
    South Africa
    Phone: 0837860786

i have booked a ticket online. e ticket was issued an paid for. there has been an error in the name being mispelt. one letter is incorrect. i am told that i have to forfeit that ticket and rebook a new ticket at the current price. old ticket i subject to penalties...