Ruby Tuesday / your commercial

1 poughkeepsie, NY, United States Review updated:

I have not dined at a Ruby Tuesday in years because the last couple of time I did, I was not at all happy. In fact, the one that was closest to me in Kingston, NY is now closed because you couldn't get people to go there. But your newest commercial with the tone deaf girl screeching a terrible song...well if you wanted to try and lure me back with that crap, that will never work. In fact the first time I heard it I shut the tv off. And now whenever it comes on the affect is irritating and annoying...so annoying that I don't even want to know what she's selling.
Thanks for listening.

Ki
Apr 27, 2017

Comments

• Ll
      27th of Apr, 2017

If I were inclined to drop into my local Ruby Tuesday's for a meal (it's right near where I live) I have decided NOT to do so, as the recent commercials and the "actress" with the terrible voice (to say nothing of acting skills) is SO ANNOYING that it's driven away any inkling of attraction you might have inspired. Whomever is making your marketing decisions for TV has absolutely NO clue, and needs to be replaced.

• Jd
      29th of Apr, 2017
    Best Best Advice +20 Votes

@llthomas1117 I totally agree. Ruby Tuesdays needs to 1) fire their marketing 2) read social media . The commercial complaints exceeds 90%

• Re
      5th of May, 2017

@llthomas1117 I CAN NOT AGREE MORE!!! It is so loathsome it gets suck in my head playing over and over. Which annoys me further.

• Je
      26th of Jul, 2018

@llthomas1117 ABSOLUTELY!!

• Mi
      29th of Jul, 2018

@llthomas1117 I hear ya! Those commercials disgust me and make me lose my appetite! Huge marketing fail!!!

3rd of Oct, 2018

@JDraw AMEN! These commercials are annoying, They instill anger and really irritate most people! They are also a disgrace to intelligence and make no sense at all, especially the singer with her so-called latest hit. What is she actually saying ? The triplet one is rude, loud and disgusting. Rachel needs to stick with her regular job...who writes these failures anyway?

@JDraw AGREE!!!

• La
      29th of Apr, 2017

Cannot stand the commercial with the girl who absolutely cannot sing!!!
    I have never eaten at this restaurant. Now I have no will to go because all I hear is that terrible commercial.

30th of Apr, 2017

I am a busy person, and I have never taken the time to complain about a commercial in my life. I am so annoyed by this girl who can't sing, I will actually go OUT OF MY WAY to never walk into a Ruby Tuesday's again in my lifetime. Have they lost their minds?

• Ar
      22nd of Sep, 2018

@Angela Collins Ditto. I would never have imagined I would take the time to complain about a commercial, however I can't stand it to the point I made a complaint directly to the company. I refuse to put channels on that play it, which sucks because I do enjoy some of the shows. I knew I wasn't the only one that felt like this!

• 2y
      30th of Apr, 2017

Who is that red haired woman who sings so badly in the Ruby Tuesday commercial? She must be the daughter of the CEO of Ruby Tuesday. The singing is awful.

• Ab
      4th of May, 2017

OMFG what a freaking bad commercial they have. Is it a joke? Is this a serious commercial? I cringe when I see it and change the channel quickly.

• Pa
      4th of May, 2017

Another example of poor taste by marketing executives by thinking that this commercial is funny. In fact, it is annoying and insults ones intelligence.

• Om
      6th of May, 2017

Why you would think a girl who sings terribly off key would make people want to patronize your restaurant is beyond me. In fact if that is what represents your restaurant, it makes a customer suspect what else you may have no taste in. It is totally cringeworthy, and someone must have been hallucinating to think this was a good commercial.Omigosh.

• To
      6th of May, 2017

This commercial is so bad, I googled to find the complaints without even wondering is there would be any! Horrible! I will never go to Ruby Tuesdays and I look forward to the day this "song" fades from my memory.

• Na
      6th of May, 2017

I agree with all of these comments. How could Ruby Tuesday's think this would attract customers? I cannot stand the commercial and they have been playing it endlessly. I mute it whenever it comes on.

• Li
      6th of May, 2017

So annoying. What were they thinking?

• Mi
      10th of Jun, 2018

@Linda Tennessen The SCREECY voiced Be yach, just tears it ! I have to hit the mute button when this LOUSY piece of advertising comes on. I will NEVER go to that place again, how DARE you put that CRAP on My TV !

• Ke
      7th of May, 2017

I agree with the above comments. This is the worst marketing strategy ever...I foresee Ruby Tuesday's going out of business over this commercial. It is extremely irritating. My concern is did they they think this was funny or did they really think that she could sing? They have misjudged on both accounts.

• St
      7th of May, 2017

"Make it go away, it hurts my head!" In my 65 years on the planet, I've never complained about a commercial before but there are limits to what we consumers will put up with, and thank God there is a MUTE button on TV remotes. This is the worst "singing" commercial I've ever had the misfortune to see/hear. Gotta be a top executive's new girlfriend or daughter to get THIS past the executive board. I can just imagine the Marketing dept. playing this ad in front of the board, AFTER spending thousands of dollars to produce it. After everyone who has just witnessed this it climbs back into their seats from under the table where they were lying in a fetal position whimpering, they all do death stares at the boss. The boss looks at their faces, some with blood trickling from their ears and says, "What? It's not THAT bad!" When I think of all the legitimate talented young actors out there trying to find work and some powerful bonehead railroads this crap through, it makes me shake my head from side to side in disbelief. Like others have said, What on earth makes these supposedly intelligent executives think this commercial will make ANYBODY WANT TO EAT THERE?! Whether they were serious or think it's funny is immaterial as far as I'm concerned. It is insulting and If they're working under that old assumption that there's "No such thing as bad publicity, " because it gets everyone talking about them, they are sorely mistaken. I will never ever eat at RubyTuesdays again. e v e r.

• Ka
      9th of Jun, 2018

@Steverino1951 I'm 64 and I totally agree. Even Linda Soundtrack wasn't as annoying. I cover my ears and scream stop, stop, stop through the whole commercial. I ate there once and the food was so horrible, I knew then, I would never go back. NOW they can be assured I will never ever ever go there.

3rd of Oct, 2018

@Steverino1951 AMEN! So wonderfully written...I could t say it better. Hopefully Ruby Tuesday’s will listen and take heed to what concerned people have written. I am sure they will lose much business unless they eliminate this junk!Rachel. Weds to, eep her night job for sure!

3rd of Oct, 2018

@Carol Moorby Sorry for typo error...Rachel needs to keep her night job is what I intended to write!

• Ai
      7th of May, 2017

I feel like this girl and her awful singing was the company trying fro create their own 'Kimmy Schmidt' & doing a terrible job of it.

• Sh
      9th of May, 2017

This commercial is offensive in so many ways. The biggest offense is that your corporate headquarters has bought into the dumbing down of America. This commercial is a slap in the face to everyone who appreciates good quality singing, acting, and dancing. It gives the message that one can still be rewarded with a part no matter how poor their talent is. How sad for all of the people who are professional singers, actors, and dancers.
    How sad for all of the people who aspire to be good at whatever their endeavor is.
    For years, on New Year's Eve, my family would go to a movie and then dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. It was such a nice family tradition. NO MORE!
    THIS COMMERCIAL IS A SLAP IN THE FACE!

3rd of Oct, 2018

@Sharon Hornseth AMEN Sharon...

27th of Mar, 2018

As a resident of Boston I find offense in your new commercial with a toothless girl saying "wicked good" in a Boston accent. Very classless. I as well as many here will never eat there. We are owed an apology

• Eh
      28th of May, 2018

@Maryann6277 Rachel Dratch is the new face of the TV commercials and is completely annoying. I wouldnt drink water at Ruby Tuesdays if I was dieing thirst casue she is so annoying. Ruby Tuesdays martketing wake the hell up and give people what they want

• Kc
      1st of Jun, 2018

The new Ruby Tuesday’s commercials with Rachel Dratch make me change the channel. They’re terrible and don’t make me think about delicious food or great atmosphere

9th of Jun, 2018

Comedian Rachel Dratch is repulsive to listen to. The advertising firm and the person who is trusted with decision making, should be fired. I can't remember a decent commercial for RT. You've insulted us, your customers, for the last time. I can tell you that I will never ever step foot inside again.

• Da
      25th of Jul, 2018

Why isn't the management of RT totally embarrassed about their television commercials using that middle-aged "actress" trying to be cute with her screeching voice and ugly costumes:

1) They spend millions on such bad-taste commercials
    2) They failed to listen to their customers / public on how annoying the commercials are
    3) They release even more terrible commercials

• Ce
      29th of Jul, 2018

I use to love going to Ruby Tuesday, but their newest commercials have completely turned me against it! These commercials, featuring Rachel Dracht, are the most annoying, nerve grating, and insulting to my intelligence! Instead of making me want to go to Ruby Tuesdays, I never want to go back again!

• Re
      11th of Aug, 2018

The new Ruby Tuesday commercials with broad who is allegedly a comedienne? Her first one of an angel and a witch advertising sweet and spicy foods. OH heck no. I sent a complaint form to RT the next day. No apologies. How tasteless can an ad campaign be? My husband and I used to be regular diners. No more. That broad is even more disgusting than Flo for Progressive. I mute all their commercials.