Ruby Tuesdayran out of burgers and served slightly steamed previously-frozen beans

I took my son to Ruby Tuesdays last night on the buy 1 get 1 coupon. We were both craving a burger and knew we would find a great one at Ruby Tuesday. We waited 30 minutes to be seated, ordered, then about 7 minutes later were told they were out of burgers. Why would you not be prepared to serve several more than expected on a busy, coupon night? I did not want to cause a scene so we picked something else but of course everything else is twice the price. I am a single mom who works two jobs to make ends meet so that is a pretty big deal for me. Our dinner that should have been around $25-30 was $41 with the tip of 15%.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Trussville, ALI also chose the salad bar as one of my sides not wanting fries and green beans with my entree after rechoosing. The beans were hard and barely steamed; I could have made better at home and gotten fresh ones right across the street at ALDI. My son and I ordered a filet but they put mine on his plate and his on mine obviously judging by how done they were. I ordered medium and he ordered medium rare with mashed potatoes. The couple beside us were very displeased with their service and food as well. We love the Ruby Tuesday salad bar so may venture back just for that but it looks like this is another restaurant that may end up on our list of don't go there in Trussville, Alabama, not worth the $.

Di
May 11, 2017

Comments

•   May 11, 2017

For your own sake as well as your son's, it is good you didn't cause a scene. Besides, causing a scene would not have made a hamburger magically appear on your plate. Yes, it's annoying when restaurants run out of stuff but it happens. Perhaps you should have returned another evening for that burger.