Ross / Bad Customer Service/discrimination

1 240 ridgeway Flowood, MS, United States Review updated:
Phone: 601-919-0141

I have visited this store twice in the last month and the black employees there mistreat ethnic people and I will not ever shop here again and spread the word. I witnessed how in one case a Asian lady that was standing in line was asked by a clerk that just opened up her register to come check out. The Clerk Melanie that original would have checked out this customer had a problem with this other clerk asking her to come to her register to check out and the Asian lady was sent back to the back of the original line and a black customer now ahead of her got to check out at the other register. I was glad but surprised to see the Filipino stand up to Melanie by saying " If I was white or black there would not have been a problem and I could have checked out allready with no problems" Melanie then proceeds by making comments to the Filipino lady and made her upset and angry. The Filipino did not want her merchandise anymore and then left while the 3 black employees there laughed at her. The second incident that I witnessed was when a hispanic tried to return a dress or exchange it. The lady had a reciept but apperantly the tag was missing and the black employees and manager gave her such a hard time that it was embarassing that she left the dress she had previously paid for and left the store crying. It is ashame that the black people that work at this Ross location cannot treat all customers with equality.

Ri

Comments

• Rd
      9th of Sep, 2009

Yeah, treat one of their black ### wrong and they'd call in a drive by!

• Al
      6th of Jul, 2010

Here is a customer service number to call and tell the people about the service, I am Asian and i do understand what you mean. I was treated the same way the number is 925-965-4400 call them and press 3 to get the district number of your area and tell them about it!