Rhino Engines / ripoff

1 144 Village Landing 352Fairport, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-454-8130

Be very careful with this company. They promise and confirm shipping of 3 days to get the order. After 10 days of excuses I cancelled the order. I keep getting told that the refund is in process and that they would mail the credit memo. Three weeks of " has been processed" I get a call that it fell thru the cracks. 3 weeks later I still do not have a refund or even the credit memo they were sending.

I suspect that if you place the order you will not get the materials nor a refund but you will get to hear the most annoying canned lip service ever. They have lots of practice.

You may want to try ATK engines. Got it in three days and had the core refund in 2 weeks.

Comments

• Ke
      25th of Nov, 2008
    Rhino Engines - Engine paid for wont ship
    Rhino Engines and Transmissions
    Fairport
    New York
    Phone: 800 454-8130
    rhinoengines.com

Called 11/4/08 bought and paid for caterpillar engine, was told I would see engine in eight to ten days. Now 11/25/08 no engine wont return any phone calls, cant reach anyone at there business. Have made more than 25 calls and left message. Stay as far away from these folks as you can. I am already into this for $9650.00. Not a very good feeling.

19th of Feb, 2009

We bought a transmission for our son back on 9/29/2008. They were slow getting us the transmission, but we did recieve it. However we did get stung for the $250 core re-embursment. They told us it had been recieved on two occasions but had not been inspected yet and as soon as it was inspected our credit card would be credited. It's 2/19/2009 and today I found out that they're website has dissapeared and phone numbers no longer work. I spoke with representative from Man-Trans. L.L.C. who told me they went bankrupt in Dec. 2008. The invoice says "subsidiary of Blue Venture Solutions". Can't find them on the internet either... If anybody knows of a class action let me know I'd like to get mine back too! (my3boys5@comcast.net)... sounds like street corner 3 card Monty to me!

• Do
      10th of Mar, 2009

The same thing is happening to me. I bought my engine on December of 2007 I am still waiting for my core refund and it's 3/10/09. I called them several times and was told it checked out fine and they had no idea why I hadn't been refunded but I couldn't be pushed to the front of the refund line I would have to wait. Now it has been serveral months and no one answers now the number s out of service and the website is gone! I will be glad to join the class action suit if anyone knows of one please ley me know too.

11th of Mar, 2009
    Rhino Engines - Terrible experience
    Rhino Engines

I ordered a engine on 7/18/08. It was not delivered to my mechanic until late July 2008. When my mechanic called to have engine picked up to took several calls. Engine fully was picked up Oct 15, 2008. Have yet to receive refund of core charge. Have called but mailbox is always full; wrote letters but no help there. Stay trying to get in touch with company.

• Gr
      7th of Apr, 2009

I agree with what you guys are saying! I want my money back! I bought an engine for like 2500+a core charge which never went back on my debit card! I am very upset that this happened to me! Please contact me at fcdgreg@yahoo.com if there is a class action suit against them!
    THANKS,
    GREG

23rd of Apr, 2009

My brother is also being ripped off by Rhino-they shipped a defective engine and won't stand behind it, won't refund the core from the original engine and won't pay the mechanic as the warranty states. This happened last summer and he still has not been able to get anyone to talk to him about it. I guess that if they went bankrupt that would explain why they won't answer the phone even after the credit card company got involved. Is there anyone who knows what can be done?

• Nh
      3rd of Sep, 2009

Rhino, ATK, Orient Engines, JER (Japanese engine remanufacturers), Power Pro so on and so on... are all the same group of people from what I can tell. -
    I have $1, 900 in a Reman. LB 22R-TEC with overheating/air in coolant issues, which I purchased from "JER". I received with the engine an "engine test report" which claimed the compression was 181-183 lbs. This worried me as the factory spec is 149lbs, 120 min., and here mine is producing only 115 lbs. or so on all four @ less than 3K miles, on head gasket number 2 with ARP Head Studs torqued to 80 ft. Lbs. A. carbon test confirmed my suspicion of exhaust air in cooling system. Which leads me to believe they sent me a bad block. When I called the number on my invoice, I got "ATK". The woman I spoke with said they were not affiliated with JER in any way and believed they went out of business some time ago, and that they probably would not warranty their product, but I should receive a call from the manager tomorrow. We'll see...
    Seems to me to be a fly by night, national rip-off business with several alias', which they use to place blame on "the other company". - I wanna be the leader of this pack of pissed off people who want their money back. Can anyone spot me a few bucks for a top-notch lawer?

• Nh
      3rd of Sep, 2009

This "company" suffers from Multiple Personality Disorder, and each individual identity cannot be held responsible for the claims, actions, or lack there-of, and/or refunds of any such other identity.

/URL removed/