Rewards 660 / Bought out by another company...so they say

CA, United States Review updated:
I also got an email stating that Rewards 660 was being purchased by Metabank. However, according to some of the info I gandered online...Rewards 660 was ALREADY associated with Metabank. I don't know what they're trying to pull...but since I paid by debit card, I'm gonna see if it's advisable to seek a refund, or am I just S.O.L.

Comments

Sh
  11th of Dec, 2008
CALL THIS NUMBER AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU SOME INFORMATION 1800-958-2556
St
  11th of Dec, 2008
I also received an email stating:

DEAR CARDHOLDER:
We are writing to inform you that the Rewards 660 Visa credit card program and all Rewards 660 Visa credit card accounts are being transferred to MetaBank, a federal savings association. In connection with the program transfer, charge privileges on all Rewards 660 accounts have been temporarily suspended. You may not use your Rewards 660 card during this brief transition. Please do not attempt to use your Rewards 660 card until further notice.
If you have any questions about this letter, you may call customer service toll-free at 1-800-942-4308.

Sincerely,
Dakota State Bank

I have not been able to get any information about what is going on and have not received word from Metabank? My problem is they start you off with a $300 balance of which $250 is fees and now with the change when I finally spoke to someone at Rewards660 they said I would still be liable for the balance. I have only had the card for a month or 2 and now I am going to be responsible to pay fees for a card I barely used and I balance that are due from fees!?!
If any one has any additional information please let me know. Thank you
Ca
  16th of Dec, 2008
The Rewards 660 Visa® credit card program was recently terminated because the servicer of the program was unable to continue operating the program. MetaBank, a federally chartered savings association located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, agreed to take the program over rather than leave account holders without a credit card. MetaBank apologizes for any disruption experienced by Rewards 660 Visa® cardholders. Unfortunately, temporarily suspending account usage was necessary in order to transition the Rewards 660 accounts to IndigoTM MasterCard® accounts. Current accountholders should receive and be able to activate their new Indigo credit card very soon.

Please visit www.rewards660.com for further information or call 1-800-958-2556 seven days a week 6 a.m.-6 p.m. (Pacific Time).

Cal DeJong
Vice President of Credit Operations
Ar
  15th of Jan, 2009
I have tried to make my payment several times and been unable to do so. The new bank for the card is basically inaccessible by phone. I previously received emails from Rewards660 and have gotten nothing in 2 or 3 months. I've made several attempts to call the number given above and for one reason or another, ie weather, office hours on Pacific time, or just nothing, (the phone disconnects when I dial the number). I have received no emails, letters, calls or anything. It appears that the new bank is trying to take advantage of the customer. My account was current and available credit was not a problem. I fear that when and if I ever get in touch with these people, I will have all kinds of charges since I have been unable to to make a payment due to their inaccessibility and failure to contact me. I hope someone has already reported them to the Better Business Bureau but I plan to register a complaint anyway. I am watching my credit report carefully to see if they attempt to affect it. I sense fraud with the company now!
Te
  17th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I received a rewards 660 several months ago and i was displeased with the cars, I emailed them and told them to cancel my card and they kept sending me a bill which kept getting higher and then they turned me in to the credit bureau with a bad rating, I want this removed off my credit report, I am getting ready to put together a class action lawsuit against them, please notify them to remove my name permantly thanks

Rewards 660 Logo Rewards 660