ReUnion.com / Buyer beware!

Just want to say that they are very good at what they do. They actually had the name of a friend of mine from high school, so I thought what the heck, I'll pay the year. They automatically charged my card for three years, and now I am almost maxed-out on the card! I know that it is my fault for signing up, but I did NOT want the three years. From what I have read, I see I cannot even reduce the charge from three years to one year, so I am really stuck paying this stupid fee for a totally useless rip off and I every time I see their e-mails I could just kick myself. Buyer beware, caveat emptor and all that. The only reason their membership is so high is because they keep getting idiots like me to sign up. I'll be first in line if there is ever a class-action lawsuit. Not only that, but that "no refund" thing should be illegal--how can it possibly be legal? If you are dissatisfied with someone's services, don't you deserve a refund? I guess their lawyers knew what a rip-off the company was when they developed their policies.

Just need to vent. Thank you.

Comments

12th of Sep, 2008

Same thing happened to me. Only difference is I chose the one year membership because the ad stated it was only $5/month. Never did it state that I would be charged $5/month for all twelve months ALL AT ONCE! I got charged $60. I called that same day, and they said they wouldn't issue a full refund - they could only give me a partial refund. They charged me for only one month, rather than the entire year, and would process a refund for the rest. They also said it would take 7-10 usiness days for it to be credited back to my account. This was on Aug 31, 2008; it is now Sept. 12th, 2008. Not counting Aug. 31st, and not counting the weekends, it has been EXACTLY 10 business days. I called them up again, just now, and of course, no resolve. They want me to contact my credit card company and speak with them; if they say they haven't received their request, then I have to call reunion.com back and THEN they'll submit it manually on Monday. So now I have to wait until MONDAY... I need my money back NOW.

• Mi
      25th of Sep, 2008

Same thing happened to me today, i was thinking about stopping payment on the card and just paying the stop payment fee. Thoughts?

• Pa
      5th of Nov, 2008

Paypal defends the transaction on Reunion.com behalf - apparently this little scam is profitable for everyone in the money line. What's sadly ironic is no one is ever reunited with a long lost friend. Simple scam

• Fe
      30th of Dec, 2008

They did the same crap to me. They had a message upon registation that they were running an introductory fee of $5.00 a month, and they lied saying you wouldn't be billed right a way. They didn't say that they would bill it all up front and they did. i looked at my bank account and say they charged me $60.00. The only thing that prompted me to sign up with them was my School had it 's 20 th year anniversay recently and i got an email claiming that 17 people were looking for me. When I signed up there were were no one I knew, just random people from different states. One person had my same name from another state. They probably found her from a phone book and added her name on. I called the company for a refund and after I held the line for about 30 minutes the call disconnects. I do beleive they are tied into other companies like Classmates.com . I also notied on my account were other little charges for $1.00 here and $4.00 there. Cut off your card immediatley if you have signed up with these crooks.Beware!!!

• Ro
      18th of Jun, 2009

Same again... spread the word, they only want to have a REUNION with everyone's money. Shame is they could make more of the long term by being straight up. Let me know if there is a class action.