Rescue Rooter / Unethical

1 San Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:

I was having a problem with my garbage disposal. Hector from Rescue Rooter came out, looked at it for less than a minute and told me it couldn't be repaired, but he could replace it for $463. I asked him to leave, called another plumber who unjammed it with an alan wrench at no charge.
I think Rescue Rooter is totally dishonest and completely unethical. I would NEVER recommend them and would NEVER use them again.

Ne
May 15, 2015

Comments

Ar
  3rd of Jun, 2015

ARS strives to provide each customer with an exceptional service experience. We apologize if we were unable to do so in this situation. Please allow us the opportunity to address this situation, immediately. Please call Corporate Customer Relations at 866-803-0879.

Ty
  3rd of Jun, 2015

My name is TY, I am not sure whether Rescue Rooter and Roto-Rooter are the same company or not, but I did called
Roto-Rooter in PA to check my toilet 'cause the flushing water was keep staying there. A guy named Mike came from
Roto-Rooter within an hour and started to check. After he had touching here and there, he told me I need to change the
cracked pipe; change a new toilet, ... this and that, the charge was $550.00. He left after I asked him to come to do the job
tomorrow. After Mike left, I called a Plumber from the yellow page, he came and pull out one toy from the toilet with
an iron wire, that's it. The flushing was come back normal and water was going through perfectly.
Mike said " NO CHARGE but tell your kid don't put anything inside again."

Ju
  22nd of Jun, 2015

Mike...a technician correct? If so, this gentleman came out to my house too. I'm not surprised he said that last comment in your post...he sounds like HE WOULD say that. He is a real tool. With his sales pitch etc. After he came out to the house, there was an issue, he was called...told of the issue and another question that was for HIM, he never called back. He was called twice. I didn't chose this company, someone else did. If I was paying for the job, as soon as Mike came in with his phony "caring" nonsense, I wouldn't have chosen Roto- Rooter. When I was informed he never returned phone calls, I laughed somewhat and said "I'm not shocked". Glad you shopped around :)

*sideline* I came here to complain too and read your post and was like OMG I have to respond when I had seen "Mike"...and PA mentioned.