Rescue Rooter / Awful everything

United States Review updated:

The Rescue Rooter office at 15707 South Main Street, Gardena, CA 90248 performed a cable job at my property on October 30, 2008. The original estimate to cable out the main line was $288.50. Unbeknownst to my finance, there was another extra cable charge of $250, hidden underneath a piece of paper when she approved the original estimate for $288.50.

After the plumber completed the $288.50 cable job, he told my finance that he needed an additional cable and another machine, for an additional $250. When she protested, he told her that she had already approved it in the original estimate, and then he proceeded to lift off the paper that was hiding the extra cable notation and showed her that she already approved it.

After he completed the second cable job, he then told her that he needed an additional $175 (reduced to $75 when she protested) to snake out the shower, for a total rip-off bill of $613.50. This Rescue Rooter company in Gardena CA intentionally deceived, bait and switched, imposed hostage pricing, and ripped-off my finance with their excessive and criminal billing.

I spoke with two Manager's at the company, and stopped payment on my check until this issue was resolved. The Managers defended their billing practices, but reluctantly agreed to delete $250 from my bill.

I am certain, that we are not the only victims of this company's padded invoices, deception, bait and switch, excessive, and hostage pricing practices. This company needs to be stopped from ripping off any other consumers and they should refund what they stole from their other customers.
Va

Comments

Jm
  17th of Aug, 2009
I keep receiving Postcards from Rescue Rooter stating I currently have a $30 water Heater Inspection & sediment Flush _Rebate Credit_ with them that will expire on Sept 30. I have never done business with them, and feel it is a deceptive Ad designed to get someone in the door to make a profit when they are inferring that an existing Credit will pay for a service. (reminds me of the Nigerian scam that claims you will get money, but wants to to send money first...)