Rentalcars.com / signature/economy car rental in orlando fl

Orlando, FL, United States

I booked a car rental at Economy Car Rental (also known as Signature Car Rental) in Orlando. They REQUIRED me to purchase their insurance even though I had my insurance card from a well known company in Texas. The reason, because it didn't show the deductible. I have rented cars all over the U.S. And have NEVER been made to prove I had insurance. Simply decline and sign off on the contract saying I declined their insurance. The agents their are so rude and almost every customer there was mad. I also requested when booking that I wanted to pick up and return my car to the airport. Calling Economy Car Rental with a telephone located in the rental area of the airport then waiting for a shuttle to take me to the company about 10 miles away is not at the airport. I booked the car for $156 for a week and walked out charged $333. If a company requires you to have your insurance policy with you don't you think you should disclose this "ridiculous rule" to your customers. After the fact, I read the reviews on Economy/Signature Car Rental and Rental Car.com . I have learned a lesson. I will never use a company I know nothing about. I plan on registering a complaint with the Florida Insurance Commission and the BBB and the Florida Tourists commission.

Jr