Rent2Own-Deals / Product not delivered

1 362 Gulf Breeze Pkwy #219Gulf Breeze, FL, United States Review updated:

Company is leading consumers to believe that they would deliver electronic products for a small monthly rental fee. They ask for initial $25 fee for application and that is all they would do. Company would take initial fee and disappear. Their address is nonexistent.

Comments

• Va
      29th of Jul, 2009

the last comment is true we tried to rent an item form the website they tool my 25 dollar application fee and then i kept checking hte site to see when it would be delivered and now the site doesnt work anymore. what can be done to get this website for fraud.

29th of Jul, 2009

I as well fell to the same thing. I went throught the whole application process and now can't get into site or it dissappeared. What can I do, how can we take this fake site out and get our money back. Surely there is something we can do.

• Bl
      31st of Jul, 2009

the site is back upo probably the site wa undergoing maintience

• Mo
      4th of Aug, 2009

I applied back in 5/29/2009 for an xbox elite for my son for his birthday. i am going to list everything from their site so you can see for your self how long it took for them to decline me. I did recive some e-mails from them after I kept asking what the status was on the order and explained that this was for my sons birthday and need less to say after two months and them supposly checking my employment twice they just declined my application on 7/29/2009. My son is heart broken because in one the e-mails they said that the xbox would be shipped soon. I have saved all the e-mails and am turning them over to the proper athourties their in Fla. here is the list of action taken by this scam company. I sugest that everyone call the better business beura in fla and give them the information. copy all the information from the web site. hopefully they can help all of us. I sent in everything they asked for and now not only did they take money from me they are useing my information in fraud. check your credit report and keep a close eye. this company is a real scam site. I will keep everyone informed if i get a new information
    Action: confirmation email
    Status: declined
    Date: 2009-07-31 06:00:01

• Li
      7th of Aug, 2009

they ripped me off too, I'm in colorado

• Kr
      17th of Aug, 2009

i did research at the bbb in fla and found this of the rent2own-deal

BBB Rating for Rent 2 Own Deals
    Based on BBB files, Rent 2 Own Deals has a BBB Rating of D-.
    Reasons for this rating include:
    •56 complaints filed against business
    •BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
    •BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.
    Click here for an explanation of BBB Ratings
    We have received multiple complaints 55+ on this company since July 2008. We are unable to locate a physical or mailing address for this company. If you have a problem with the company and you paid by credit card you may wish to contact your credit card company and file a dispute against the charges.

You may also wish to visit the Federal Trade Commission website and file a complaint with them www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov

Business Contact and Profile for Rent 2 Own Deals

Principal: John Burgess
    Email Address: stewartbaker235@yahoo.com
    File Open Date: August 2008
    TOB Classification: Internet Shopping
    BBB Accreditation: Rent 2 Own Deals is not a BBB Accredited business.
    Additional DBA Names: Refurbishedxbox360s.com
    Wiisforless
    Cheapestwii.com
    Cheap Gaming Systems
    Gaming Plug Ins
    Consoles 4 Less
    35dollarxbox360.com

28th of Sep, 2009

i just applied for a macbook and havent gone through the whole process yet. i am at the point where they are sending something in the mail to fill out? the application or something. Im going to rip it up and burn it! THIS WEBSITE IS A FRAUD!

• Wj
      28th of Sep, 2009

I had a similar experience with them to what mommy5514. Went through their entire process to be declined. By law they are required to notify you in writing if they deny credit. The only acknowledgement was they updated the account status to declined on their website. I checked with my employer, they never performed the claimed employment check. I checked with my landlord, they never performed an address verification though sending me the app in the US mail instead of e-mail would've served that purpose at minimal cost. I pulled my credit report to discover there hadn't been an inquiry on it in years. In short, the application fee is accepted but the application is never processed other then changing status on the web site. Even after 45 days my bank accepted that as a valid reason (fraud) to charge back the fee and refund it to me.

• Ge
      29th of Oct, 2009

this company is a fraud i waited from 9 9 09 to 11 29 09 an heard nothing now i cant get in to the site i e mailed them a bunch of times an got no answer

• Sw
      22nd of Dec, 2009

I recently applied for a PS3 with this company not knowing the dispicable reputation that they have. I recently received the application but after reading all the negative reviews and experiences that others have had, I will not continue with the application process and I will contact my credit card company to dispute the charge.

• Jp
      5th of Mar, 2010

from Aug 09 to Oct 09 app in process, now in March 2010 app is in the final stage and no live support to talk to, I am going to get my credit card co involved to get my $25 back