Remanufactured.com / misrepresentation, fraud, shoddy worksmanship

10769 Broadway, Unit 309, Crown Point, IN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-575-6998, 415-738-7388

Ordered a rebuilt Mercedes engine after being told that all moving parts will replaced with new parts. Paid almost $6000. After more than a month of silence, they claimed waiting for parts. Another month passed and after threat of order cancellation the engine was shipped within a few days. However, the engine arrived using parts that are obviously pretty worn out, the gears for the double chain are not usable and the chains looked used. I won't know that if my mechanic just installed it. However my mechanic called and asked me to be in his shop. He pointed out all the visible and obvious defects and shoddy workmanship and worn out parts that he won't install it and insisted that it be returned. If he installs it, he's liable to some extend an implied warranty. He had no confidence that the engine will last even three months. The subsequent dealing with this fraudster was pretty predictable. No return, no rework, no refund. I found this company through Google and the way Google search works is that whichever company bids the highest for ad gets to show up first and complaints of any kind are listed way down that they are almost invisible. You have to search and specifically search with the word "complaints" or else they won't even show up.

This is a dishonest company doing business and a scammer. Anytime a business won't take credit card and want payment up front 100% is a scammer and fraudster living customer with no recourse should things go wrong. All it has to do is do the job right and deliver what it promised with acceptable parts and make every customer a happy one for repeat business. I grew up loving the people in the Midwest, met alot and did lots of business with them even though I don't live there. But this company and the people in it are out to make a buck without regard to the quality of their products or services. Every unMidwestern like.

I'm surprised this company is still out there cheating customers, using various other business names and alias, such as The Engine Center, with many different addresses, incorporated in Nevada or elsewhere, and even has a deceptive phone number with area code 415 which is San Francisco.

So I'm stuck with this unusable engine, out of $6000 and hearing these guys laughing on their way to the bank with my money still there... What a fool am I!

For all of us victims, we should band together and do something about them and get our money back and get them out of business.

Mj

Comments

• Wa
      4th of Sep, 2009

No refund, no engine, no replies.

• Bu
      16th of Feb, 2012

Engine failed during warranty period and I could not get the company to respond to my warranty claim

• Mj
      23rd of Mar, 2012

• Tr
      18th of Jul, 2012

i also just ordered a new motor before i seen all the complaints wHAT A MISTAKE FRAUD AND DISHONEST IS NOT THE CORRECT WORDS THE MOTOR HAS NO COMP. HAS A CRATER THAT RUNS THE FULL LENGHT OF THE CYC WALL 1/8 WIDE X 1/32 DEEP AND THIS IS IN INCHES BASICLLY I GOT A JUNKYAD BLOCK WITH A100 $ SET OF STOCK PISTONS AND RINGS IM PISSED THE PLASE IS CALL THE ENGINE CENTER IN NORTHERN INDIANA