Reliant Energy / bad business practices

1 Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

Quite frankly, Reliant Energy has lost my business. Their billing system is a broken mess, showing one bill with a lower amount, then correcting their mistake and sticking me with a higher bill. If this was the first time, id chock it up to a error, but its happened a few times since I started using their services. They refuse to assist me in extending my bill pay time, eventhough this was my first time requesting, instead referring me to their imfamous credit department which is not staffed on weekends. Like alot of "real world" bill payers in this "bush" economy, I do have to pay in partal at times due to the rising cost of living. When I spoke to a supervisor, he took an insolate tone with me and gave me the same run-around. I then informed him that I also too do supervisory work and call monitoring as well and I rated his employee and his response as a b- at best, which didnt make him too happy and the call was soon disconnected thereafter. I decided to take a stand as this is not an acceptable business practice and have switched my service to another company who can offer me a lower, locked-in per Kw rate and were absolutely polite and professional.

Va
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Re
      27th of Feb, 2016

I have never been witha worse comapny than with reliant, the service they promise to get you to sign up is ridiculous, they do not stand by what they promise and with all the other choices there is now, i would advise anyone not to use or sign up with reliant

• Re
      19th of Oct, 2009

I signed up in the Obama economy and it still sucked bad! In fact I think it is worse than when I signed up with TXU in the Bush economy. Anyway, Reliant does suck...as well as Obama and Bush.

6th of Oct, 2009

When I received my bill through email I noticed the KWH had increased. I am on a secure 24month eplan .139 per kwh, and they raised it to .142 without sending me the notice of change 45 days in advance according to my 2 yr contract. When I first called after receiving my bill 9/24/09, I was told it was a computer glitch and would be fixed back down to .139 by next bill. Here it is 10/5 and I received a call from Reliant telling me it was no glitch that an increase mandated by the PUC. The customer service rep tried to tell me a lot of bull, and I called her on it because I was online looking at my contract details. I asked for a supervisor and she said that she would get me one, but then came back on the phone to tell me that they mailed a notice on 9/16/09 about the increase. I advised well that is only 8 days before you applied the increase, and my contract says you have to give me 45 days, and plus I am on everything paperless so nothing would have been mailed to me. I have not received anything in the mail from them. I asked for a supervisor again and was told they were busy, and I told her that was fine I would wait. The supervisor got on the phone and would not let me talk, and said if I wanted my .139 kwh back, I would have to pay the plan cancel fee of $295 and then I would be put on a different plan with that rate.

23rd of Feb, 2009

reliant has changed my bill a double times also .. now I have a bill that is double and i know the people that lived in this house for 10 years and they showed me their bills and it always ran about 500 and now when i moved in i got reliant they had txu my bill was about the same for the first four months but the last two it has doubled:"